Visakhapatnam is the biggest city, both as far as area and population in Andhra Pradesh. It is situated on the bank of Bay of Bengal in the north eastern area of the state. It is the managerial central command of Visakhapatnam area and also the Financial Capital of the state. As per 2011, the number of inhabitants in the city was recorded at 2,035,922, making it the fourteenth biggest city in the nation. The Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region is the ninth most populated in the country.
Its economy positions as the tenth-biggest among Indian urban cities, with a GDP of $26 Billion (USD). Visakhapatnam is the foremost business center of the state and adds to its economy in numerous areas, for example, tourism, fishing and information technology.
POPULATION OF VISAKHAPATNAM IN 2017:
According to the 2011 registration, the number of inhabitants in the city was recorded at 2,035,922.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Visakhapatnam in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –2.1 Million
- 2013 –2.4 Million
- 2014 –2.8 Million
- 2015 –3.1 Million
- 2016 – 3.5 Million
Taking a look at the population of Visakhapatnam from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1.4 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.28 Million. Hence, the population of Visakhapatnam in 2017 is forecasted to be 3.5 Million + 0.28 Million = 3.78 Million. So, the population of Visakhapatnam in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 3.78 Million.
Visakhapatnam Population 2017 – 3.78 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF VISAKHAPATNAM:
There were an aggregate of 1,279,137 literates, of which around 6,88,678 were male and 5,90,459 were female. The average rate of literacy of the city was 81.79%. There were around 164,129 in the age gathering of 0–6 years, with 84,298 boys and 79,831 girls. The child sex proportion was about 947 girls per 1000 boys The city is positioned 122nd in the rundown of quickest developing cities on the planet. Its population increased after the development of the city limits. Hinduism is honed by the dominant part of its people, trailed by Islam and Christianity.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF VISAKHAPATNAM:
The population density of the city is 3800 persons per square kilometer. There has been an unfaltering growth as far as population is concerned and it is evaluated that the city will enhance its pace according to the populace growth rate in the years to come.
FACTS ABOUT VISAKHAPATNAM:
- Hindu writings state that amid the fifth century BC, the Visakhapatnam locale was a part of Kalinga region, which reached out to the Godavari River. Relics found in the zone additionally demonstrate the presence of a Buddhist empire in the locale. Kalinga later lost the domain to King Ashoka in the bloodiest skirmish of its time, which incited Ashoka to take Buddhism.
- Visakhapatnam is a cosmopolitan blend of individuals from different parts of India. From a population of a couple of thousand amid the eighteenth and mid nineteenth century, the population grew relentlessly. The city multiplied its population from 1990 to 2000, because of a huge transient population from encompassing territories and different parts of the nation.
- Hinduism is followed by the greater part of its natives, trailed by Islam and Christianity.
- Telugu is the official language.
- Visakhapatnam has turned into a noteworthy economic destination. It has every one of the divisions like Fishing, IT, Export and Imports via Sea trade and so forth.
Now find the latest population of Visakhapatnam in 2019 here