Vijayawada is a city situated on the banks of the Krishna River in Andhra Pradesh. The city is a municipal corporation and the base camp of Vijayawada Mandal in Krishna locale of the state. It is one of the main trading and business centers of the state and subsequently it is called as the Business Capital of Andhra Pradesh. Vijayawada is one of the two city in the state, with the other being Visakhapatnam. As per the 2011 enumeration, the city had a population of about 1,048,240. It is the second biggest city in the state as far as population is concerned.
The city has been perceived as a Global City of the Future by McKinsey Quarterly. It is one of the business centers of Andhra Pradesh with a GDP of $3 billion in 2010, and is expected to touch $17 billion by 2025.
POPULATION OF VIJAYAWADA IN 2017:
The city had a population of 1,048,240 according to the 2011 statistics. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Vijayawada in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.09 Million
- 2013 –1.23 Million
- 2014 –1.32 Million
- 2015 –1.4 Million
- 2016 – 1.5 Million
Taking a look at the population of Vijayawada from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.41 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.082 Million. Hence, the population of Vijayawada in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.5 Million + 0.082 Million = 1.582 Million. So, the population of Vijayawada in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.582 Million.
Vijayawada Population 2017 – 1.582 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF VIJAYAWADA:
The aggregate population constitute, 524,918 males and about 523,322 females — a sex proportion of 997 females per 1000 males, higher as compared to the national average of 940 females per 1000 males. 92,848 kids are in the age of 0–6 years, of which 47,582 are boys and about 45,266 are girls. The average literacy stands at 82.59% with 789,038 literates, essentially higher than the national average of 73.00%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF VIJAYAWADA:
The population density of Vijayawada is 16,939 persons per square kilometer. The previous decadal population growth of the city in 2011 was 43.5% and that is a huge number. The city enjoys a decent population growth every year and this rate of growth is set to continue in the years to come. Additionally, the migration level to Vijayawada is on the higher side.
FACTS ABOUT VIJAYAWADA:
- The geography of Vijayawada is flat, with a couple of small sized slopes. The Krishna River keeps running along the city. These slopes form a part of the Eastern Ghats and they cut through by the Krishna River.
- The city has a tropical climate with hot summers and a rainstorm season. Temperatures can reach 47 in the month of May–June, while the winter temperatures once in a while fall underneath 15 °C.
- Agribusiness, business trade, tourism, transportation, tertiary sectors and so forth are the main sectors that add to the economy of the city.
- Two of the well equipped industrial estates in the city are Auto-Nagar and other close to Kondapalli. The Jawahar Lal Nehru Auto Nagar Industrial Estate in the city is one of the biggest auto industry center points of Asia.
- The city has great history in workmanship, writing and culture. There exist numerous religions, dialects with various customs and celebrations.
Now find the latest population of Vijayawada in 2019 here