Vasai-Virar is a city and tehsil situated in Maharashtra, India, containing the most populated portion of Palghar area. As indicated by the 2011 registration, it is the fifth biggest city in Maharashtra. It is situated in Palghar area, 30 km towards the north of Mumbai. It is situated on the north bank of Vasai Creek, part of the estuary of the Ulhas River. Vasai-Virar is an agglomeration of a few independent towns of the past. The territory secured by the city generally relates to the old city of Sopara. It is an upcoming city with numerous facilities for its citizens.
POPULATION OF VASAI-VIRAR IN 2017:
The number of inhabitants in Vasai-Virar was 1,221,233 at the 2011 registration. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Vasai-Virar in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.23 Million
- 2013 –1.29 Million
- 2014 –1.36 Million
- 2015 –1.41 Million
- 2016 – 1.47 Million
Taking a look at the population of Vasai-Virar from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.24 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.048 Million. Hence, the population of Vasai-Virar in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.47 Million + 0.048 Million = 1.518 Million. So, the population of Vasai-Virar in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.518 Million.
Vasai-Virar Population 2017 – 1.518 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF VASAI-VIRAR:
According to reports of Census India, population of the city in 2011 is 1,222,390; of which male and female are 648,172 and 574,218 individually. Hinduism is dominant religion in Vasai-Virar city with 77.16 % adherents. Islam is second most prominent religion in city with around 9.03 % followers. In the city, Christianity is followed by around 8.28 %, Sikhism by 0.21 % and Buddhism by about 0.21 %. Approximately, 0.17 % expressed Other Religion; roughly 0.60 % expressed No Particular Religion.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF VASAI-VIRAR:
The population density of Vasai-Virar is 3200 persons per square kilometer. The population in the city was around 194,262 during 1971 as per the census. Population growth rate of Vasai-Virar city has always been on the higher side and the current situation is the same as well. The city is experiencing a rapid population growth with a jump upwards in the form of the number of people residing in the city. Looking at its population trend over the years, the rate of population growth is set to continue in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT VASAI-VIRAR:
- The Vasai-Virar Municipal Corporation was shaped on 3 July 2010. It is headed by a Municipal magistrate, an Indian Administrative Service officer who uses the official power.
- The city has a tropical wet and dry climate. This moderate climate comprises of high precipitation days and lesser days of high temperatures. 80% of aggregate precipitation happens around June and October.
- Vasai-Virar Marathon is a yearly marathon race sorted out in Vasai-Virar territory. It started in 2011 and in 2012 turned into a National Level running event, perceived by the AFI. The occasion sees participation in abundance of 15,000 crosswise over different classes and offers prize cash of over Rs 30 lakhs.
- Vasai-Virar City Municipal Corporation began its own particular transport servive on 3 October 2012 in partnership with Bhagirathi Transport Corporation Pvt Ltd. It operates countless lines in the Vasai-Virar area.
- Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport is the biggest public transport supplier in Mumbai city ans well as suburbs.
Now find the latest population of Vasai-Virar in 2019 here