Vadodara is the third biggest city of Gujarat, after Ahmedabad and Surat. It is the regulatory headquarters of Vadodara District and is situated on the banks of the Vishwamitri River, 139 KM from the state capital of Gandhinagar. The railway line and NH 8 connects Delhi and Mumbai via Vadodara.
As per 2011, the city had a population of round 2.2 million individuals. It is the site of the Lakshmi Vilas Palace, the living residence of the Maharaja of Baroda and the imperial family; and his Darbar. It is likewise the home of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, the biggest university in the state of Gujarat.
POPULATION OF VADODARA IN 2017:
As indicated by the 2011 India evaluation, Vadodara city had a population of 1,670,806
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Vadodara in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –2.14 Million
- 2013 –2.2 Million
- 2014 –2.25 Million
- 2015 –2.29 Million
- 2016 – 2.34 Million
The population of Vadodara in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.34 Million + 0.048 Million = 2.388 Million. So, the population of Vadodara in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.388 Million.
Vadodara Population 2017 – 2.388 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF VADODARA:
Individuals speaking distinctive dialects stay in the city. Aside from Gujarati’s and Marathi’s, a big population of North Indians, Rajasthanis and Bengali’s have settled out here. Every one of them has different affiliations and community bodies in the city. This adds to the Cosmopolitan personality of Vadodara. Aside from this, Ganesh Chaturthi and Uttarayan are additionally celebrated with great enthusiasm. Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi and English are the languages spoken in the city.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF VADODARA:
The population density of Vadodara is 551 persons per square kilometer. As per the year 2011, the population growth of Vadodara has been a high 38% in terms of decadal population growth. Which implies, that the city has grown by around 38% in the previous decade? There has been a large number of migrants from neighboring states and this has somehow helped the city to grow in a way as far as population is concerned.
FACTS ABOUT VADODARA:
- Vadodara is otherwise called the Cultured City and as indicated by the Gujarat tourism authority, it is the most sought after place for Garba in the whole world.
- The city has a cricket team in the form of the Baroda cricket team and in addition the the oldest cricket ground in Asia, known as Moti Baug. The cricket team has won the Ranji Trophy 6 times.
- Vadodara has various daily paper publications. Aside from different English language dailies sold in the city, Indian Express, Times of India and The Economic Times are to a great extent circled all through the city. There are about three Gujarati dailies in the city.
- An essential modern, social and educational center point of western India, the city houses a few institutions of national and regional significance. While its industries incorporate plastics, IT as well as foreign exchange services too.
- The initially written history of the city is that of the early merchant settlers who settled in the locale in 812 AD. The area was principally Hindu-commanded with Hindu kings administering until 1297.
Find latest Vadodara Population in 2018