Uttarakhand, previously known as Uttaranchal is a state in the north India. It is frequently alluded to as the Land of the Gods because of numerous Hindu temples and pilgrimage centers found all over the state. The state is known for its grand excellence of the Himalayas, the Bhabhar as well as the Terai. On 9 November 2000, this state was created from the Himalayan and connecting northwestern areas of Uttar Pradesh. It is divided into two divisions, Garhwal and Kumaon, with a sum of 13 regions. The interim capital of the state is Dehradun, the biggest city in the region. Archaeological proof support the presence of people in the area since ancient times.
POPULATION OF UTTARAKHAND IN 2017:
As indicated by the 2011 enumeration of India, Uttarakhand had a population of 10,116,752 including 5,154,178 males and 4,962,574 females, with 69.45% of the population living in rural territories.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Uttarakhand in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 10.12 Million
- 2013 – 10.14 Million
- 2014 – 10.17 Million
- 2015 – 10.22 Million
- 2016 – 10.28 Million
Taking a look at the population of Uttarakhand from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.20 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.04 Million. Hence, the population of Uttarakhand in 2017 is forecasted to be 10.28 Million + 0.04 Million = 10.32 Million. So, the population of Uttarakhand in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 10.32 Million.
Uttarakhand Population 2017 – 10.32 Million(Estimated)
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF UTTARAKHAND:
The population density of the state is 189 persons per square kilometer. According to the details from Census 2011, the state has a population of 1.01 Crores, an expansion from figure of 84.89 Lakh in 2001 evaluation. The aggregate population growth in this decade was 18.81% while in earlier decade it was 19.20%. The number of inhabitants in Uttarakhand shapes 0.83 percent of India in 2011. In 2001, the figure was about 0.83 percent. The growth rate of females was higher than that of males in the year 2001. In the year 2013, the state added a massive number of people in its kitty with a figure of around 16 lakhs alone in a single year. The growth rate of population currently is around 18% and the population is increasing at a fast pace.
FACTS ABOUT UTTARAKHAND:
- The essential food of Uttarakhand is vegetables with wheat, despite the fact that non-vegetarian food is additionally served. A particular characteristic of Uttarakhand cuisine is the utilization of tomatoes and milk based items. Coarse grain with high fiber content is exceptionally common in Uttarakhand because of the harsh terrain.
- One of the significant Hindu pilgrimages, Haridwar Kumbh Mela happens in Uttarakhand. Haridwar is one of the four spots in India where this mela takes place.
- Like the majority of India, farming is a standout among the most noteworthy segments of the economy of Uttarakhand. Basmati rice, wheat, groundnuts and oil seeds are the most generally developed products. Natural products like apples, oranges, peaches, litchis, and plums are generally grown and vital to the expansive food processing industry.
- Its Official Languages are Hindi and Sanskrit. Garhwali, Kumaoni likewise can be heard in the state.
- It is well connected by roadways, rail and aviation routes. Its significant air terminal is in Dehradun and it is known as Jolly Grant Airport.
Find Latest Uttarakhand Population in 2018