Uttar Pradesh known as UP, is the most crowded state in India and additionally the most populated nation subdivision on the planet. It was made on 1 April 1937 as the United Provinces and was later renamed as Uttar Pradesh in the year 1950. Lucknow is the capital city of this hugely populated state. Ghaziabad, Kanpur Allahabad, Moradabad, Aligarh and Varanasi are known for their industrial significance in the state. On 9th November 2000, another state, Uttarakhand, was cut out from the Himalayan slope area of Uttar Pradesh. The state in the northern district of the Indian subcontinent has more than 200 million people.
POPULATION OF UTTAR PRADESH IN 2017:
Uttar Pradesh is the most crowded state in India with 199,581,477 people as on 1 March 2011.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Uttar Pradesh in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –204.2 Million
- 2013 –208.1 Million
- 2014 –212.6 Million
- 2015 –215.6 Million
- 2016 – 218.4 Million
The population of Uttar Pradesh in 2017 is forecasted to be 218.4 Million + 0.84 Million = 219.24 Million. So, the population of Uttar Pradesh in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 219.24 Million.
Uttar Pradesh Population 2017 – 219.24 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF UTTAR PRADESH:
IT contributes 16.16% of the population of India. The population density is 828 individuals per square kilometer, making it a standout among the most densely populated states in India. The sex proportion in 2011, at 908 females per 1000 males was lower than the national average of 933. It 2001–2011 decennial growth rate was 20.09%, higher as compared to the national rate of 17.64%. According to 2011 registration, Uttar Pradesh is the most crowded state in India and is home to the greatest number of Hindu and Muslim population. The religion-wise rate of the population in the year 2011 was Hindus 79.69, Muslims 19.20, Sikhs 0.35, Buddhists 0.10, Christians 0.18.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF UTTAR PRADESH:
The population density is 828 persons per square kilometer, making it a standout among the most densely populated states in the nation. Uttar Pradesh has a vast populace and a high populace growth rate. From the year 1991 to 2001 its population grew by more than 26%. The state’s population growth rate is the quickest in the nation and it is relied upon to go high in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT UTTAR PRADESH:
- The state experiences 3 sorts of seasons. Winter, Summer and Monsoon. Rainstorm period is during June and September. Summer Season is around March and May and Winter is from January and February.
- Places like Allahabad, Mathura and others in Uttar Pradesh are considered as Pilgrim Centre’s and draws in people from all over the world. There is Rumi Darwaza, National Botanical Research Institute which pulls in people.
- Most well known and generally commended celebrations of Uttar Pradesh are Diwali and Rama Navami. Different festivals are also celebrated like Makar Sakranti, Eid, Chhath Puja and so on.
- According to Census 2011, the aggregate population of Uttar Pradesh is 199,581,477. Uttar Pradesh holds the first position in population terms and it is the most populated state in India.
- The aggregate area territory of Uttar Pradesh is 243,286 sq. km. Uttar Pradesh holds fifth position in terms of area.