Tripura is a state situated in Northeast India. It is the 3rd smallest state in the nation and covers (4,051 sq mi). It is flanked by Bangladesh toward the north and Assam, Mizoram toward the east. In the year 2011 the state had 3,671,032 occupants, constituting 0.3% of the nation’s population. The Bengali Hindu people frame the ethno-etymological majority in the state. Scheduled tribes structure around 30% of the state’s population. The Kokborok speaking Tripuri individuals are the significant group among 19 tribes and numerous subtribes.
POPULATION OF TRIPURA IN 2017:
Tripura positions second just to Assam as the most crowded state in North East India. As indicated by the 2011 evaluation of India, Tripura has a population of about 3,671,032 with 1,871,867 males and 1,799,165 females.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Tripura in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –3.7 Million
- 2013 – 3.79 Million
- 2014 – 3.84 Million
- 2015 – 3.88 Million
- 2016 – 3.94 Million
Taking a look at the population of Tripura from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 2.4 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.48 Million. Hence, the population of Tripura in 2017 is forecasted to be 3.94 Million + 0.48 Million = 4.42 Million. So, the population of Tripura in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 4.42 Million.
Tripura Population 2017 – 4.42 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF TRIPURA:
The sex proportion of the state is 961 females per 1000 males and it is higher than the national average of 940. The population density is 350 persons per square kilometer. The proficiency rate of the state in 2011 was 87.75%, which is higher as compared to the national average 74.04% and third best among all states. As indicated by 2011 statistics, Hinduism is the dominant religion in the state, followed by 83.4%. Muslims consist of 8.6% of the population, Christians are about 4.45 and Buddhists are 3.41%. The Muslim rate in the state declined from 1971 because of substantial inundation of Hindu population and the relocation of Muslim population to Bangladesh.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF TRIPURA:
The populace density of Tripura is 350 persons per square kilometer. According to points of interest from Census 2011, Tripura has a population of 36.74 Lakhs, an expansion from figure of 32 Lakh in 2001 statistics. The aggregate population growth in this decade was 14.84 percent while in earlier decade it was 15.74 percent. The number of inhabitants in Tripura frames 0.30 percent of India in 2011. In 2001, the figure was 0.31 percent.
FACTS ABOUT TRIPURA:
- Tripura was being ruled by Tripuri administration and from that point turned into a royal state amid time of British rule and eventually held hands with India after its autonomy.
- There are a few ethnic tribes in Tripura and the way of life of one group contrasts from that of other. However, they have attempted to stay together as one society. Bengali society coincides alongside the ethnic society in Tripura.
- The dominant part of individuals in Agartala hone Hinduism. Islam, Christianity and Buddhism coincide alongside Hinduism.
- Certain areas of the state are inclined to peril of tempest and violent winds. The climate is lovely. The mid year temperature ranges somewhere around 24 and 36 degree Celsius while the winter temperature ranges somewhere around 13 and 27 degree Celsius.
- Tea is the real business here. The workmanship and handloom works of Tripura are uncommon case of art and is requested around the world.
Now find the latest population of Tripura in 2019 here