Thiruvananthapuram is also known as Trivandrum and is the capital of Kerala. It is situated on the west coast of the country near the south of the terrain. Alluded to by Mahatma Gandhi as the evergreen city of India, it is described by its undulating landscape of low beach front slopes and occupied business alleys. The city contributes almost 80% of the state’s software trades and is a noteworthy IT center point.
The city is home to the state and central government offices and associations. Aside from being the political operational hub of Kerala, it is an education center point and is home to a few education institutions including the University of Kerala.
POPULATION OF THIRUVANANTHAPURAM City IN 2017:
The city has a population of 752,490 as indicated by the 2011 registration and 1,687,406 in the Urban Agglomeration.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Thiruvanthapuram in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 7,87,271
- 2013 – 1.15 Million
- 2014 – 1.43 Million
- 2015 – 1.72 Million
- 2016 – 1.99 Million
The population of Thiruvananthapuram in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.99 + 20,744 = 919,854. So, the population of Thiruvananthapuram in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 919,854.
Thiruvananthapuram City Population 2017 – 9,19,854(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:
In the city, the density of population is around 5,284 persons per square km. There are actually more women in Thiruvananthapuram as compared to men. The sex proportion is 2,064 females to 2,000 males. Hindus include 65% of the population, Christians are around 18% and Muslims 12%, No Religion 3% and other 2% follow different religions.
The significant dialect spoken is English, Malayalam as well as Tamil. Hindi is broadly understood too. As a consequence of the relocation of individuals for government employments, the number of inhabitants in the city is a potent blend of individuals from all parts of Kerala.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:
The populace density of the city is 5,284 persons per square kilometer. There was change of 2.07 percent in the population contrasted from 2001 with 2011. As the state of Kerala doesn’t have a good record in terms of population growth, this has somehow affected the city with a mere population growth of around 2% in the previous decade. Most of the people from different parts of the country view the city as a vacation hot spot and not a place to relocate and that is one of the reasons there are hardly any number of people adding up to the migration list of people to Thiruvananthapuram.
FACTS ABOUT THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:
- Globally prestigious shorelines like Kovalam, castles and make Thiruvananthapuram a famous visitor destination.
- A quiet appealing city based on the low slopes by the sea, it offers all modern facilities by a guest, yet has figured out how to hold the vast majority of the feel, characteristic Kerala, for example, the conventional wooden houses, slender winding paths, notable landmarks and its rich cultural legacy.
- Thiruvananthapuram has the headquarters of all Government Departments.
- Vacation spots of the city are Sivagiri, Neyyar Dam and Wildlife Sanctuary, Ponmudi and a few ayurvedic resorts.
- The main cuisine is Keralite food, which is described by a wealth of coconut and flavors. This incorporates vegetarian Naadan (nation) and non vegetarian Malabar as well as Kuttanad recipes.
Now find the latest population of Thiruvananthapuram in 2019 here