Thane is a city in Maharashtra, situated in the Konkan Division. It is a part of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. The city manifests again in the Middle Ages and slabs as well as copper plates going back to the period have been found in Thane. One of them, uncovered from the foundations of Thane Fort in the year 1787, dated 1078 AD, is clearly a land grant stipend from Arikesara Devaraja, sovereign of Tagara, wherein he address the occupants of a city known as Sri Sthanaka. Also, Thane was the terminus for the very first ever train in Asia.
POPULATION OF THANE IN 2017:
The number of inhabitants in Thane as per the 2011 enumeration is 1,886,941.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Thane in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.9 Million
- 2013 –1.95 Million
- 2014 –2.1 Million
- 2015 –2.18 Million
- 2016 – 2.2 Million
Taking a look at the population of Thane from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 3.2 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.64 Million. Hence, the population of Thane in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.2 Million + 0.64 Million = 2.84 Million. So, the population of Thane in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.84 Million.
Thane Population 2017 – 2.84 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF THANE:
Hinduism is the main religion in Thane city with 73.91 % adherents. Islam is the second most well known religion with roughly 17.96 %. In Thane, Christianity is followed by around 1.88 %, Sikhism by 0.32 % and Buddhism 0.32 %.
According to the reports of Census India, population of the city in 2011 is 1,841,488; of which male and female are about 975,399 and 866,089 individually. In spite of the fact that the city has a population of 1,841,488 in 2011, its population of urban/metropolitan area is 18,394,912.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF THANE:
The population density of Thane is 851 persons per square kilometer. As far as estimates are concerned, the population has jumped from 1.8 Million to 2.2 Million in a span of 5 years from 2011-2016. The above mentioned figures suggest that the city is growing at a good rate in terms of population and it is expected that the city will continue to do so in the upcoming years. There are a large number of people migrating here due to job opportunity and the city is turning into a satellite city.
FACTS ABOUT THANE:
- In Thane, temperature differs from 22 °C to 36 °C. Winter temperatures can tumble to 12 °C during the evening while summer temperatures can ascend to more than 40 °C at noon. The lowest temperatures are seen amid the top of summer storm in July and August when temperatures can drop to around 25 °C.
- Friar Jordanus visited Thane around AD 1321 and 1324 and portrayed it as being under a Muslim representative. He gave a detailed representation of Nestorian Christians in Thane and alludes to the affliction of four Christian (Franciscan) friars in the district, almost 200 years before the Portuguese set foot in the country.
- The most renowned Lake is the Masunda Lake, otherwise called Talao Pali. It offers boating as well as water scooter facilities On the lakefront is the Gadkari Rangayatan, a dramatization theater which is an exceptionally well known center point for entertainment.
- In 1853, the passenger train service was introduced between Colaba and Thane.
- The city is connected with neighboring suburbs viaCentral and Trans-Harbor Line Suburban railway system.