Telangana is a newly formed state in India. The state was framed on 2 June 2014, upholding Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, with the city of Hyderabad as its capital. The state is bordered by Maharashtra toward the north, Chhattisgarh toward the north and Andhra Pradesh toward the south. It has an area of 114,840 square kilometers and a population of 35,193,978 (2011 statistics), making it the twelfth biggest state in India. Its significant urban areas incorporate Hyderabad, Nizamabad and Karimnagar. Telangana gained its identity as the Telugu-speaking area of the princely state of Hyderabad, ruled by the Nizam of Hyderabad previously.
POPULATION OF TELANGANA IN 2017:
The state has a population of 35,193,978 (2011 evaluation).
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Telangana in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 36 Million
- 2013 – 36.5 Million
- 2014 – 37.2 Million
- 2015 – 37.7 Million
- 2016 – 38.6 Million
Taking a look at the population of Telangana from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 2.6 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.52 Million. Hence, the population of Telangana in 2017 is forecasted to be 38.6 Million + 0.52 Million = 39.12 Million. So, the population of Telangana in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 39.12 Million.
Telangana Population 2017 – 39.12 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF TELANGANA:
The religious combination of Telangana is around 85% Hindu, 12.7% Muslim, and 1.3% Christians. Telugu and Urdu are the official dialects of the state. Around 77% of the number of inhabitants in Telangana communicate in Telugu, 12% communicate in Urdu and 13% speak different languages. Before 1948, Urdu was the official dialect of Hyderabad State and because of an absence of Telugu-dialect educational institutions, Urdu was the dialect of the educated elite of Telangana. As per the 2011 statistics, Telangana’s education rate is 66.46%. Male and female literacy are 74.95% and 57.92% individually.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF TELANGANA:
The population density of the state is 307 persons per square kilometer. According to the statistics figures, the Telangana areas recorded an uncommon fall in population growth. But Rangareddy area, where extensive number of vagrants live and Mahbubnagar locale, the eight regions enrolled a lofty fall in population growth in the 2001-11 decade.
In 2001, the number of inhabitants in Telangana was 3,09,87,271 and had a 14.59% development rate. Notwithstanding, in 2011, the development rate plunged to 11.49%.
FACTS ABOUT TELANGANA:
- Telangana state contributes 60 percent of incomes of existing Andhra Pradesh. Majority of revenue originates from Hyderabad, which developed as a key IT center point in the nation amid the recent 15 years.
- Telangana turned into a state of Telugu-speaking individuals and was known as Hyderabad State till the year 1956 when it was converged with Andhra State, cut out of Madras region, to shape Andhra Pradesh.
- The district located at a high elevation in an upland zone. Two noteworthy streams Godavari and Krishna move through the area yet a large portion of the area is dry.
- Hyderabad State turned out to be a part of India in 1948 after an operation by the Indian Army. Telangana turned into a state of Telugu people and was known as Hyderabad State till 1956 when it was converged with Andhra State, cut out of Madras region to frame Andhra Pradesh.
- Telangana if made a nation can be the world’s 33rd biggest country.