Solapur is a city situated in the south-eastern side of Maharashtra. The city is situated on significant rail and road routes between Hyderabad and Mumbai, with a branch line to the urban cities of Bijapur and Gadag in Karnataka. Solapur consist of Marathi and Kannada speaking people. It is the fourth-biggest region in Maharashtra as far as area region and 43rd populated region in India. The area imparts its border with Karnataka. Solapur area has the most number of sugar factories in the country and they are 33 in number. The city is country side type destination and is definitely on the peaceful side.
POPULATION OF SOLAPUR IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Solapur in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1 Million
- 2013 –1.3 Million
- 2014 –1.54 Million
- 2015 –1.7 Million
- 2016 – 1.74 Million
Taking a look at the population of Solapur from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.74 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.148 Million. Hence, the population of Solapur in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.74 Million + 0.148 Million = 1.888 Million. So, the population of Solapur in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.888 Million.
Solapur Population 2017 – 1.888 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF SOLAPUR:
According to 2011 enumeration of Solapur city and as per the reports of Census of India, the population of the city in 2011 is 951,118 Males and females consisted of 482,194 and 468,924 individually.
In the education area, the total number of literates in the city is 710,180, of which 390,335 comprise of Males and 319,845 are females. The city has an average literacy rate of 83.88 percent and out of them, Male literacy is 91.31% and Female literacy is 76.30%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF SOLAPUR:
The population density of Solapur is 290 persons per square kilometer. There was a change of about 12.16% in the number of inhabitants in 2011 when contrasted with the population according to 2001. In the past enumeration of India 2001, Solapur recorded an expansion of 19.14% to its populace contrasted with 1991.
The city has a steady growth per year and the number of occupants in the city grows by a good amount annually. The trend or rate of the population growth of the city is expected to continue and grow at the same rate in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT SOLAPUR:
- The Solapur Municipal Council was the principal council to lift the Indian national flag on the Municipal Council building in the year 1930. The municipal corporation building was made by Rao Saheb Mallappa Warad.
- A popular Kannadiga woman and essayist Jayadevi Taayi Ligade and some Lingayat as well as different Kannadigas had striven for consideration of Solapur locale into Karnataka state on grounds of majority of Kannada people in and around Solapur district.
- The city has multi cultural and multi linguistic features. Solapur has a blend of Marathi and Kannada people.
- The city falls under the class of dry (parched and semiarid) climate. The city encounters three particular seasons: summer, monsoon as well as winter. The summer months are from the month of March to May, with temperatures touching from 30 to 40 °C.
- The city organization of Solapur is controlled by the Solapur Municipal Corporation, which was built up on the Maharashtra Day of 1 May 1964 in the building made by Mallappa Warad.
Find Latest Solapur Population in 2018