Silvassa is the capital of Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Amid the Portuguese rule, Silvassa was otherwise called Vila de Paço d’Arcos, after the town of the same name close to Lisbon. The city has countless and commercial ventures giving noteworthy government income, which permits the city to keep up a low level of tax assessment. Silvassa has been chosen as one of the hundred Indian urban communities to be created as a Smart city in the coming years under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
POPULATION OF SILVASSA IN 2017:
According to the registration of 2011, Silvassa had a population of 98,265.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Silvassa in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 100,101
- 2013 – 110,394
- 2014 – 119,420
- 2015 – 135,903
- 2016 – 149,330
Taking a look at the population of Silvassa from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 49,229 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 9845. Hence, the population of Silvassa in 2017 is forecasted to be 149,330 + 9845 = 159,175. So, the population of Silvassa in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 159,175.
Silvassa Population 2017 – 159,175(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF SILVASSA:
Warli is the dialect spoken out here by the Warli people. It is a Konkani dialect and pretty much as Agri which is additionally spoken A previous Portuguese enclave, Silvassa has a huge Roman Catholic population that speaks an unmistakable dialect of Portuguese. Marathi and Gujarati dialects are broadly spoken out here too.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF SILVASSA:
The population density of Silvassa is 5713 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of Silvassa has been steady over the years. During the year 1991, it had a population of about 11,000 and after a decade in 2001 it was 50,000. Currently, as per the last census of 2011 the population was 98,000. It has been seen that the population growth is slower of Silvassa as compared to other cities in India and this pace is set to continue in the coming years. Being a capital of the Union Territory has also added in the reason of lesser number of people migrating or relocating here. The population growth of the city will around 200,000 in the coming decade.
FACTS ABOUT SILVASSA:
- A long way from being a tribal locale, it has now formed into a mindustrial center with major modern organizations setting up assembling bases in the area. Its underlying duty free status allowed by the Indian government to support modern interest in the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli has added to the area’s industrial development.
- Until the end of the nineteenth century, it was just a little town. The developing significance of Silvassa began in 1885, when the Portuguese Administration chose to exchange the seat of Nagar Haveli to the city, which until then had been in Darará.
- Silvassa is a major center for plastic items and its items are found all through India because of their great quality and ease. Aside from this, Silvassa is additionally known for different FMCG merchants like Gajra Distribution(Oldest food merchants in the town) having reach all through the nation.
- Amid Portuguese rule, Silvassa was otherwise called Vila de Paço d’Arcos, after the town of the same name close to Lisbon.
- It has a well maintained road system. The closest railway stations are Vapi and Bhilad.
Find Latest Silvassa Population in 2018