Ranchi is the capital of Jharkhand and it is the third most crowded city of the state. Ranchi was the focal point of the Jharkhand movement, which required a different state for the tribal areas of South Bihar, north Orissa, western West Bengal and the eastern territory of Chhattisgarh. The Jharkhand state was framed on 15 November 2000 via cutting out the Bihar divisions of Chota Nagpur and Santhal Parganas.
Ranchi has been chosen as one of the hundred Indian urban cities to be created as a Smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
POPULATION OF RANCHI IN 2017:
According to most recent 2011 India statistics, Ranchi municipal corporation has a population of 1,120,374, making it the 46th biggest urban city in the country.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Ranchi in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 1.09 Million
- 2013 – 1.14 Million
- 2014 – 1.2 Million
- 2015 – 1.28 Million
- 2016 – 1.34 Million
Taking a look at the population of Ranchi from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.25 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.05 Million. Hence, the population of Ranchi in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.34 Million + 0.05 Million = 1.39 Million. So, the population of Ranchi in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.39 Million.
Ranchi Population 2017 – 1.39 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF RANCHI:
According to the most recent 2011 India registration, the city’s municipal corporation has a population of 1,120,374, making it the 46th biggest urban city in India. Males represent 51.3% of the population and 48.7% females. The city has a literacy rate of 87.68% (evaluation 2011). Hinduism is the main religion in Ranchi city with 64.31 % devotees. Islam is second most famous religion in city of Ranchi with roughly 16.42 %. In the city, Christinity is around 8.52 %, Sikhism by 0.39 % and Buddhism 0.39 %. Around 9.72 % expressed other religion, roughly 0.35 % expressed No Particular Religion.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF RANCHI:
The population density of Ranchi is 572 persons per square kilometre. The population growth of the city has been steady and it is expected that this pattern is set to continue in the following years. There has been an increase in the literacy growth rate as well in males as well as females.
It has been noticed that there has been an increase in migration from other states by workers. Employment opportunities for workers in the form of mining are in abundance, as the city is also known as the Industrial city.
FACTS ABOUT RANCHI:
- Ranchi was viewed as a semi-Hill station with the temperatures coming near zero in the winters .It was an effectively an open summer getaway for citizens of Kolkata and nearby places.
- It is known as the City of Waterfalls in view of its various waterfalls, the most famous ones are Dassam Falls, Hirni Falls and Panchghagh Falls.
- Indian Cricket Captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni is from Ranchi and is the first cricketer to represent India from this locale.
- The city, in the past known as Lohardaga, pulls in sightseers for its nearness to delightful waterfalls, lakes, slopes and woodlands. It is a center for the investigation of tribal lifestyles and also an essential center of exchange and business.
- Ranchi , the capital of Jharkhand was at one time the mid year capital of Bihar before its division.
Now find the latest population of Ranchi in 2019 here