Rajkot is the fourth biggest city of Gujarat, after Ahmedabad and other cities of Gujarat. It is the 35th-biggest urban agglomeration in India, with a population of 1.2 million in 2011. Rajkot is additionally the 22nd-quickest developing city on the planet. Rajkot was the capital of the Saurashtra State from 15 April 1948 to 31 October 1956, preceding its merger with Bombay State on 1 November 1956. Rajkot was reincorporated into Gujarat State from 1 May 1960.
Rajkot has been under various rulers since it was established. The city has a long history and had a critical part in the Indian freedom movement. It was home for some identities like Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
POPULATION OF RAJKOT IN 2017:
According to the registration of 2011, the number of inhabitants in the city was 1.2 Million. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Rajkot in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.3 Million
- 2013 –1.42 Million
- 2014 –1.51 Million
- 2015 –1.6 Million
- 2016 – 1.7 Million
Taking a look at the population of Rajkot from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.4 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.08 Million. Hence, the population of Rajkot in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.7 Million + 0.08 Million = 1.78 Million. So, the population of Rajkot in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.78 Million.
Rajkot Population 2017 – 1.78 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF RAJKOT:
As per the 2011 India registration, the city recorded an aggregate population of 1,390,640. it has a literacy rate of 82.20%, higher as contrasted with the national average. The populace is about 52.43% male and 47.47% represent female. The vast majority of the population is Hindu with a Muslim minority. The general population in the city is overwhelmingly veggie lovers and is against any type of hunting. The ladies of Rajkot are attached to gems. Extensive chains, pendants and other different gold adornments are a typical sight amid marriages, celebrations etc. The city is multicultural. One can discover numerous dialects, similar to Gujarati, Urdu, English, Hindi, Sindhi, Bengali and Marathi. Nonetheless, just Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, and English are surely understood.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF RAJKOT:
The population density is 7600 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of the city has been steady in the recent years and it has a decadal population growth rate of 38% as of 2011. The next census would be in the year 2021 and there are chances that during that year the decadal growth recorded would be higher as compared to the current decadal population growth rate of Rajkot.
FACTS ABOUT RAJKOT:
- The city was a previous British government central command and still has various huge structures and instructive organizations which help one to remember the city’s past.
- It is popular for silver, furniture, and silver, Bandhani sarees, silk weaving, gems and a National weaving institute which advances customary weaves.
- The city has a rich social history and is likewise connected with India’s freedom battle. It is the spot where Mahatma Gandhi spent the early years of his life.
- It is likewise a religious center and is a must visit place for those intrigued by pioneer history and architecture.
- The Watson Museum today has a gathering of mankind culture and history. Its accumulation has valuable objects of provincial time of India and History of Rajkot. Situated in the charming Jubilee Garden, the historical center is a decent introduction to Saurashtra’s social legacy.
Now find the latest population of Rajkot in 2019 here