Raipur is a city situated in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It is the capital city of Chhattisgarh and is the regulatory headquarters of Raipur region. Raipur is likewise the biggest city in the state. It was once in the past a past of Madhya Pradesh before Chhattisgarh was shaped on 1 November 2000. The city has been in presence since the ninth century; the old site and ruins of the fortress can be found in the southern part of the city. Raipur as a city has a lot to offer for tourists coming over here.
POPULATION OF RAIPUR IN 2017:
As of the 2011 registration, Raipur Municipal Corporation had a population of 1,010,087, of which 519,286 are male and 490,801 are female.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Raipur in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 999,985
- 2013 – 1.01 Million
- 2014 – 1.20 Million
- 2015 – 1.34 Million
- 2016 – 1.45 Million
The population of Raipur in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.45 Million + 0.184 Million = 1.634 Million. So, the population of Raipur in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.634 Million.
Raipur Population 2017 – 1.634 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF RAIPUR:
The city is likewise occupied by groups like Jayaswals, Agarwals, Jains and Marwaris. Because of its closeness with Odisha there are huge number of Odia speaking population found in the city and in addition in the state. The city is likewise home to a immigrant populace that incorporates Sindhis. It additionally has a sizeable Bengali, Telugu and Maharashtrian population. Larger part of the population in Raipur is Hindu. Muslims, Sikhs and Christians are minorities out here. Muslims principally live in territories like Moudhapara.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF RAIPUR:
The populace density of Raipur is 310 persons per square kilometer. There was change of 34.70% in the population contrasted with that of according to 2001. In the past enumeration of India 2001, Raipur District recorded expansion of 19.29 percent to its population contrasted with that of 1991. There has been an unfaltering growth of Raipur in the late years and this is set to proceed in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT RAIPUR:
- The city has a tropical wet and dry weather, temperatures stay moderate consistently, aside from March to June, which can be to a great degree hot. The temperature in April–May in some cases ascends above 48 °C.
- Raipur comes under the category of cosmopolitan city. In spite of the fact that it has a vast population of Jains and Sindhis, one can discover individuals from different parts of the nation, including the first Chhattisgarhis . The city is generally impacted with food from Punjab and Gujarat.
- The city is found midway in the state of Chhattisgarh and serves as a provincial center for exchange and trade for different kinds of llocal as well as backwoods items.
- The customary face of city has changed with Raipur turning into an essential business and modern destination for coal, steel and aluminum commercial ventures. The city is the biggest business sector of steel in India.
- The city has turned intoan educational center point of Central India because of numerous institutes of National significance in Engineering, Management, Law and Medical.