Population Of Punjab 2017

Punjab is a state situated in North India, framing part of the bigger Punjab region. It is bordered by Jammu and Kashmir toward the north, Himachal Pradesh toward the east, Haryana toward the south, Rajasthan toward the southwest and the Pakistani region of Punjab toward the west. The state capital is situated in Chandigarh, a Union Territory furthermore the capital of the neighboring state of Haryana.

Population Of Punjab 2017

After the partition of 1947, the Punjab territory of British India was partitioned among India and Pakistan. The Indian Punjab was partitioned in the year 1966 with the development of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh along with the present state of Punjab. Punjab is the lone Sikh dominant part state in India.

POPULATION OF PUNJAB IN 2017:

As indicated by the 2011 Indian Census, the number of inhabitants in Indian Punjab is 27,704,236.

Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Punjab in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:

  1. 2012 – 27.98 Million
  2. 2013 – 28.4 Million
  3. 2014 – 28.7 Million
  4. 2015 – 29.1 Million
  5. 2016 – 29.6 Million

Taking a look at the population of Punjab from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1.62 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.324. Hence, the population of Punjab in 2017 is forecasted to be 29.6 Million + 0.324 = 29.924 Million. So, the population of Punjab in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 29.924 Million.

Punjab Population 2017 – 29.924 Million(Estimated)

DEMOGRAPHY OF PUNJAB:

The education rate is 75%, with male proficiency being 80.23% and female education 68.36%. As of the 2011 enumeration, the sex proportion of Punjab was 895 females for 1000 males. By virtue of female foeticide, Punjab has the second most reduced sex proportion among all the states of the country. Being an agricultural state, an extensive part of the population lives in rural territories. Approximately 66% of the general population live in rural zones while the other 34% are urban inhabitants.

Sikhism is the dominant religion in the state followed by around 58% of the population. Hinduism is the second most followed religion with 38.5%. Prior to the advent of Islam and later birth of Sikhism, Hinduism was the primary religion honed by the Punjabi people.

POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF PUNJAB:

The population density of Punjab is 551 persons per square kilometer. Population of the state is growing at a decent rate each year from the time of Independence. The number of inhabitants in Punjab in 1991 was evaluated to be 20.19 million. It reached 24.3 million before the end of 2001. Around 20% of aggregate Population in Punjab is transitory from different districts in India.

FACTS ABOUT PUNJAB:

  1. It is encompassed by Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir. The Punjab region in Pakistan additionally encompasses Punjab.
  2. Chandigarh and Amritsar, the colossal center of Sikh pilgrimage are the two principle tourist destinations. The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the most essential journey destination of the Sikhs.
  3. Punjab has its International Airport in Amritsar. The state is also well connected with roadways, railroads and aviation routes.
  4. Agribusiness is the foundation of Punjab. The major products are wheat, rice and cotton. There are a few food based commercial ventures. The state is the greatest maker of Wheat in India. There are a few other huge scale commercial industries.
  5. The weather of Punjab is diverse. It can be extremely cool in winters and exceptionally hot in the summer season.

Leave a Reply