Pimpri-Chinchwad forms a part of the Pune Metropolitan City in Maharashtra. It is the urban agglomeration of Pune. It comprises of the towns of Pimpri, Chinchwad, Nigdi and Sangavi, which are represented by a typical civil body. It is situated toward the north-west and is connected with Pune city by means of the Old Pune-Mumbai Highway.
The township is located at a height of about 530 m over the sea level. It has a charming climate all around the year. Three waterways Indrayani, Pavana, Mula move through this area. Today’s Pimpri-Chinchwad is shaped of the formerly autonomous areas of Chinchwad, Pimpri, Nigdi, Bhosari and Kalewadi. The name of Chinchwad is derived from the tamarind and banyan trees.
POPULATION OF PIMPRI-CHINCHWAD IN 2017:
As per the 2011 India statistics, Pimpri-Chinchwad had a population of about 1,729,320.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Pimpri-Chinchwad in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.75 Million
- 2013 –1.78 Million
- 2014 –1.82 Million
- 2015 –1.84 Million
- 2016 – 1.86 Million
Taking a look at the population of Pimpri-Chinchwad from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1.1 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.22 Million. Hence, the population of Pimpri-Chinchwad in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.86 Million + 0.22 Million = 2.08 Million. So, the population of Pimpri-Chinchwad in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.08 Million.
Pimpri-Chinchwad Population 2017 – 2.08 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF PIMPRI-CHINCHWAD:
Pimpri-Chinchwad has an average rate of literacy of about 87.19, higher as compared to the national average of 74.04%. In Pimpri-Chinchwad, 14% of its population is under 6 years old. The principle language spoken in the town is Marathi. There is a noteworthy Sindhi population present in Pimpri. As per the census of 2011, Pimpri-Chinchwad had a population of 1.7 Million.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF PIMPRI-CHINCHWAD:
The population density remains at 10,000 persons per square kilometer. Pimpri-Chinchwad has seen an ascent of around 20% in its populace in the previous decade. As indicated by the 2011 enumeration, the number of inhabitants in the city is 1.8 Million.
The number of inhabitants in Pimpri-Chinchwad was 1.06 Million according to the 2001 enumeration. The number of inhabitants in the twin townships is expanding quickly. In 1991 it was 517,083, while in 1981 it remained at 249,364. With the population growth of about 20% in the previous two decades, the 2011 information demonstrated the second highest noteworthy growth rate after Thane area, which was 25.9%.
FACTS ABOUT PIMPRI-CHINCHWAD:
- The township is located at 530 m over the sea level. It has a lovely weather throughout the year.
- Pimpri-Chinchwad is home to the notable town of Bhosari, initially known as Bhojapuri. Two thousand years back, it was the capital of the Hindu ruler Bhoj.
- Shree Mahavir Jain Temple is the most renowned tourist destination around this area.This temple is committed to 24th and last Tirthankar Mahaveer Swami. The symbol of this temple is viewed as miraculous.
- Pimpri-Chinchwad presently is one of the major industrial center points in Asia. Industrialization began in 1954 with the entry of Hindustan Antibiotics Limited. PCMC is currently home to the Indian operations of significant car companies.
- Three waterways Pavana, Mula and Indrayani move through this region. Pimpri-Chinchwad sources its water from the Pavana waterway however release of domestic and mechanical effluents, dumping of flotsam and pollution has seriously influenced the nature of the Pavana water; however efforts have been taken to enhance the quality of the water.
Now find the latest population of Pimpri-Chinchwad in 2019 here