Panaji is the capital of Goa and the central command of North Goa area. It is situated on the banks of the Mandovi River estuary in the Tiswadi taluka. Panaji implies the land that never floods. It has terraced slopes, concrete structures with overhangs and red-tiled rooftops, houses of worship and a riverside promenade. There are roads lined with gulmohar, acacia and different trees. It is the first city in India to be based on an planned grid framework. Panaji has been chosen as one of the hundred Indian urban cities to be created as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
POPULATION OF PANAJI IN 2017:
Amid the 2011 enumeration of India, Panjim had a population of 114,405. Males represented 52% of the population and females 48%.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Panaji in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 147,203
- 2013 – 169,339
- 2014 – 188,230
- 2015 – 208,904
- 2016 – 225,402
Taking a look at the population of Panaji from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 78,199 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 15,639. Hence, the population of Panaji in 2017 is forecasted to be 225,402 + 15,639 = 241,041. So, the population of Panaji in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 241,041.
Panaji Population 2017 – 241,041(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF PANAJI:
Amid the 2011 registration of India, the city had a population of 114,405. It had an average rate of literacy of 90.9%, male literacy was 94.6% and female 86.9%. In the city, 9.6% of its population was under 7 years old.
The education rate of Panaji Agglomeration is 90.98% which is higher than National Urban rate of 85 %. Proficiency rate for male and female for Panaji remained at 93.52 % and 88.27 % separately. Additionally, the city has the third biggest centralization of the Hindu population.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF PANAJI:
The population density of the city is 72.12 persons per square kilometre. Panaji has a population growth rate on the moderate side and in the recent years the number of inhabitants in the city have grown significantly. Many people of the younger generation are migrating to other cities and in return many retired people have started to come here and settle down. The growth rate of population of the city is expected to continue in the same pattern in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT PANAJI:
- Miramar Beach is one of the more packed shorelines in Goa, which stays full with international vacationers consistently.
- Panaji was added by India with the rest of Goa and the previous Portuguese domains in the Indian extension of Portuguese India in 1961 from Portuguese rule. Panaji turned into a state-capital on Goa’s height to statehood in 1987. Somewhere around 1961 and 1987, it was the capital of the Union Territory of Goa, Daman and Diu.
- Panaji has been chosen as one of the hundred Indian urban cities to be created as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
- The word Panaji is found from the words panjani and khali, which means a boat and a little creek separately in Sanskrit. Along these lines, Panaji is a degenerate type of the old word Panjanakhani as engraved on the found Panaji copper-plates dated around 1059 CE.
- Dona Paula is the meeting point for two of Goa’s celebrated streams, Zuari and Mandovi. These two waterways meet at the Arabian Sea.
Find Latest Panaji Population in 2018