Navi Mumbai is a planned township on the west shore of Maharashtra. The city was mooted in 1971 to be another urban township of Mumbai by the Government of Maharashtra. Navi Mumbai has a population of 1,119,477 according to the 2011 statistics. Navi Mumbai would have its own particular International air terminal by 2019. It is being created basically to take the burden of from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai and to put Navi Mumbai on the globe as a standalone city. It is home to different organizations, educational institutions offering various courses and so on.
The city likewise has numerous quality eateries and lavish lodgings for accommodation. There are numerous shopping centers, for example, Little World shopping center in Kharghar, Center One and Raghuleela shopping centers in Vashi, and so forth.
POPULATION OF NAVI MUMBAI IN 2017:
According to reports of Census India, population of Navi Mumbai in 2011 is 1,119,477. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Navi Mumbai in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.12 Million
- 2013 –1.26 Million
- 2014 –1.35 Million
- 2015 –1.45 Million
- 2016 – 1.5 Million
Taking a look at the population of Navi Mumbai from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.38 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.076 Million. Hence, the population of Navi Mumbai in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.5 Million + 0.076 Million = 1.576 Million. So, the population of Navi Mumbai in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.576 Million.
Navi Mumbai Population 2017 – 1.576 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF NAVI MUMBAI:
In education segment, the aggregate number of educated people in Navi Mumbai city is 911,542. Out of this number, 519,257 are guys while 392,285 are females. The literacy rate of the city is 91.57% of which male and female education was 95.05 and 87.33%. The sex proportion of the city is 831 females per 1000 males. Kid sex proportion of girls is 901 per 1000 boys.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF NAVI MUMBAI:
The population density of Navi Mumbai is 5819 persons per square kilometer. At the beginning of the new millennium years, Navi Mumbai was a residential area where individuals could stay in reasonable homes and set out the distance to the city to reach their working environments. Nobody had visualized that in 10 years, the satellite town would transform into a clamoring city, with a decadal population growth of 86.6%, which is much higher than rural Mumbai’s population growth of 8.01%.
FACTS ABOUT NAVI MUMBAI:
- Panvel is around 300 year old and was made around exchange course amid the Mughal Empire and many years under the rule of the Portuguese, Marathas and British.
- The ancient history of khargar lies in the habitations of pandavkada fall, the spot is a part of the colossal and intriguing story of Pandavas.
- The Sion-Panvel Highway was made to lessen the time taken to go from Sion to Panvel. At first there was very little reaction to the new city. Real changes occurred after 1990, with the appointing of a wholesale horticultural produce market at Vashi and the development of a railway line from Mankhurd to Vashi in 1992.
- The city has a few issues as well. The city was initially made to make reasonable lodging for individuals who couldn’t bear the cost of living in Mumbai.
- Before the end of the 1990s, the planning authority of the city started private interest in the formative movement of Navi Mumbai.
Find Latest Navi Mumbai Population in 2018