Nashik is a city in the northwest area of Maharashtra and it is the authoritative headquarter of the Nashik District and Nashik Division. The city is located at the foothills of the Western Ghats Mountains. At 700 m above sea level, its rise is most noteworthy among the other cities in Maharashtra and one of the most astounding among the cities in India. It lies on the western edge of the Deccan Plateau, which is also a volcanic formation. The Godavari River starts 24 KM from Brahmagiri Mountain and streams along the northern limit of the city via the old residential settlement.
POPULATION OF NASHIK IN 2017:
As indicated by the Census of India in 2011, Nashik had a population of 1.48 Million. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Nashik in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.86 Million
- 2013 –1.91 Million
- 2014 –1.95 Million
- 2015 –2.04 Million
- 2016 – 2.16 Million
The population of Nashik in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.16 Million + 0.05 Million = 2.21 Million. So, the population of Nashik in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.21 Million.
Nashik Population 2017 – 2.21 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF NASHIK:
Males represent 784,995 of the population and females 701,978. The city has an average literacy rate of 90.96%. Male literacy rate is 94.96% and female literacy is 86.51%. The sex proportion is 894 per 1000 males in the city. Child sex proportion is 865 per 1000 boys. In the city around 11.42% of its population is under 6 years old. In the evaluation year 2001, the Nashik Urban Agglomeration had a population of about 11,52,326. Along these lines it was the fourth biggest urban area of the state after Mumbai and Pune.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF NASHIK:
The population density of Nashik is 6200 persons per square kilometer. The population growth rate of the city is currently 3.09%, which is a healthy growth rate. Nashik has a high number of people relocating to this city for various reasons and it has somehow resulted in the increase in the population growth rate over the years.
FACTS ABOUT NASHIK:
- The Nashik Court Building is made in black stone during the British Regime and the new building was made on 18 September 2005. There are about 73 courts including Taluka court.
- Panchavati was the name of a segment in the colossal woodland of Dandakaranya, where Rama with the assistance of his sibling Lakshmana fabricated a decent hut in which they could call a home in what might in the long run turn into the significant part of their outcast in the wild.
- Deolali cantonment falls under Nashik area. It was built up in 1869. Armed force Staff College, now the Defense Services Staff College of India and the Command Staff College of Pakistan were initially situated in Deolali.
- The city has changed from a little town to a current modern city in the most recent two decades and it is the third most industrialized city in the state after Mumbai and Pune.
- Nashik is considered as a focal point of revolutionary activities and it is popular for the Satyagraha composed by Dr. Ambedkar for the removal of untouchability and some of the activities of non-cooperation movement established by Mahatma Gandhi.
Find Latest Nashik Population in 2018