Maharashtra is a state in the western side of India and is the country’s third-biggest state by territory and is additionally the world’s second-most crowded sub-national entity. The state has more than 110 million occupants and its capital, Mumbai, has a population of roughly 18 million. Nagpur is the second capital and additionally the winter capital. Maharashtra provides business opportunities alongside its capability to offer a higher standard of living draws in people from all over India.
The state is one of the wealthiest and the most developed in the country, contributing 25% of the nation’s industrial output and 23.2% of its GDP. Additionally, Maharashtra is a wonderful place to visit and get to know its history in a better way.
POPULATION OF MAHARASHTRA IN 2017:
As indicated by the results of the 2011 national registration, Maharashtra is the second most crowded state in India with a population of 112,374,333.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Maharashtra in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 114.2 Million
- 2013 – 117 Million
- 2014 – 118.3 Million
- 2015 – 118.7 Million
- 2016 – 119.6 Million
Taking a look at the population of Maharashtra from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 5.4 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 1.08 Million. Hence, the population of Maharashtra in 2017 is forecasted to be 119.6 Million + 1.08 Million = 120.68 Million. So, the population of Maharashtra in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 120.68 Million.
Maharashtra Population 2017 – 120.68 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF MAHARASHTRA:
Marathi’s contain most of the population. Gujarati, Punjabis, Parsis and Tamil minorities are scattered all through the state. The 2011 enumeration discovered scheduled castes and tribes to represent 11.8 and 8.9% of the population separately. The scheduled tribes incorporate adivasis, for example, Thakar and Halba. As per the 2011 registration, Hinduism was the central religion in the state at 79.8% of the aggregate population, while Muslims constituted 11.5% of the aggregate population.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF MAHARASHTRA:
The populace density of Maharashtra is 365 persons per square kilometer. The aggregate population growth in the year 2011 was 15.99% while in the earlier decade it was 22.57%. From the time of independence, the decadal growth rate of population has stayed higher (with the exception of the year 1971) than the national average. Surprisingly, in the year 2011, it was observed to be lower than the national average.
FACTS ABOUT MAHARASHTRA:
- Lonar Lake is a saline lake situated at Lonar in Buldhana area, Maharashtra, which was made by a meteor impact around the Pleistocene Age. It is speculated that the compound constituents of the meteor alongside the local soil provides the lake both saline and soluble properties at various points.
- Rankala Lake is a beautiful lake in the Kolhapur District of Maharashtra. Before the eighth century this verifiable spot was only a stone quarry.
- Maharashtra Day remembers the development of Maharashtra from the division of the Bombay State on 1 May 1960. Maharashtra Day is regularly connected with parades and political speeches as well as ceremonies in addition to various different private and public events praising the history and conventions of Maharashtra.
- Mumbai is an exceptionally congested city and to beat this issue, government had manufactured another city known as Navi Mumbai, close to the Mumbai city in 1972.
- Maharashtra is the third largest state in terms of area in the country.
Now find the latest population of Maharashtra in 2019 here