Kota is a city situated in Rajasthan. The city is located around 250 kilometers south of the state capital, Jaipur. Situated on the banks of Chambal River, it is the third most crowded city of Rajasthan after Jaipur and Jodhpur and the 46th most populated city in the country. It serves as the authoritative central command for Kota locale and Kota Division. Kota is a noteworthy education center point of the nation for competitive examination preparations and has various medical coaching institutes as well as engineering coaching institutes. The city was previously part of the Rajput kingdom of Bundi. It is a developing city with an old world charm associated with it.
POPULATION OF KOTA IN 2017:
As per 2011 Census of India, Kota had a population of 1,001,694. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Kota in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.2 Million
- 2013 –1.4 Million
- 2014 –1.8 Million
- 2015 –2.1 Million
- 2016 – 2.3 Million
Taking a look at the population of Kota from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1.1 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.22 Million. Hence, the population of Kota in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.3 Million + 0.22 Million = 2.52 Million. So, the population of Kota in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.52 Million.
Kota Population 2017 – 2.52 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF KOTA:
The sex proportion was 895 and 12.14% were under six years old. The literacy rate was 82.80%, with male education at 89.49% and female education at 75.33%. Harauti, a lingo of Rajasthani is generally spoken in Kota with Marwari, Hindi and English being alternate languages. As indicated by 2011 registration, Hinduism is the major religion in the city honed by around 80.5% of the populace. Muslims frame huge minorities (15.9%) followed by Jains (2.2%), Christians (0.4%), Sikhs (0.9%).
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF KOTA:
The population density of Kota is 374 persons per square kilometer. The city has been experiencing high growth rate of population in recent times and of the reasons for that is the large number of students coming over to the city from different parts of the country for either coaching or taking admission in some of the well known institutes of the city. The student population in Kota is really high. Apart from this, the population of the locals is growing at a steady rate and it is expected that the rate of growth of population will continue to grow in the same pace in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT KOTA:
- It is the main Indian city other than Thiruvananthapuram that gets a consistent 24-hour water supply.
- In the previous decade the city has emerged as a well known coaching destination for preparing for competitive exams. The education sector of the city has turned into a noteworthy benefactor to the city’s economy. Kota is prevalently alluded to as the coaching capital of the country. More than 1.5 Lakh students from all over the nation rush to the city to get ready for different entrance exams.
- The city is very much connected with rail and road to all significant urban cities inside Rajasthan and additionally those situated outside the state. It is additionally connected via air, although just chartered flights are accessible.
- Kota is encompassed by five power stations inside its 50 km radius.
- Kota is one of the industrial centers in northern India.