Kolkata the capital of West Bengal. Situated on the east bank of the Hooghly River, it is the essential business, social, and educational focal pointof East India, while the Port of the city is India’s most oldest working port. In the year 2011, it had a population of 4.5 million, while the number of inhabitants in the city and its rural areas was 14.1 million, making it the third-most crowded metropolitan region in India. In the year 2008 its GDP was evaluated to be US$104 billion, which was the third most astounding among Indian urban cities. As a developing city in the country, Kolkata includes pollution, traffic blockage and different issues. Kolkata is also famous for its cricket and football, people follow both the sport with true passion and it can be clearly seen when you’re in Eden Gardens for a cricket match.
POPULATION OF KOLKATA IN 2017:
As indicated by the results of the 2011 national evaluation, Kolkata had a population of 4,486,679.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Kolkata in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –4.49 Million
- 2013 –4.6 Million
- 2014 –4.7 Million
- 2015 –4.8 Million
- 2016 – 5 Million
Taking a look at the population of Kolkata from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.51 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.102 Million. Hence, the population of Kolkata in 2017 is forecasted to be 5 Million + 0.102 Million = 5.102 Million. So, the population of Kolkata in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 5.102 Million.
Kolkata Population 2017 – 5.102 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF KOLKATA:
The sex proportion is 899 females per 1000 males, lower as compared to the national average. The proportion is depressed by the inundation of working males from encompassing areas, from other parts of West Bengal, chiefly Bihar, Uttar Pradesh as well as Orissa. Bengali Hindus frame the greater part of Kolkata’s population; Marwaris and Muslims make extensive minorities. Among the city’s smaller communities are Chinese, Nepalis, Telugus, Assamese, Gujarati’s, Armenians, Greeks, Tibetans, Punjabi’s, and Parsis. Bengali, the official state dialect is the main language spoken in Kolkata. English is likewise utilized by the cubicle workforce. Hindi and Urdu are spoken by minorities.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF KOLKATA:
The population density of Kolkata is 7480 persons per square kilometer. The number of inhabitants in Kolkata, West Bengal’s capital and an educational center point until 60 years ago has contracted by 1.9% over the previous decade to 4.48 million individuals even as urban population over the world is growing quickly. In the decade till 2001, the city’s population had grown by around 3.9% to 4.57 million.
FACTS ABOUT KOLKATA:
- The Kolkata Municipal Corporation supplies consumable water that is sourced from the Hooghly River, the vast majority of it is cleansed at the Palta pumping station situated in North 24 Parganas.
- Public transport is given by the Kolkata Suburban Railway, the Kolkata Metro and the cable cars. The suburban rail system reaches Kolkata’s distant areas.
- Bengali and English are the essential language of guideline, Urdu and Hindi are likewise used especially in the central part of Kolkata.
- Kolkata is known for its abstract, masterful, and progressive heritage; as the previous capital of India, it was the origination of advanced Indian literary and aesthetic thought.
- Kolkata has numerous structures enhanced with Indo-Islamic and Indo-Saracenic building themes.
Find Latest Kolkata Population in 2018