Kavaratti is the capital of Lakshadweep in India. Kavaratti is an enumeration town and additionally the name of the atoll whereupon the town stands. It is famous for its perfect white sand shorelines and quiet tidal ponds, which makes it a well known traveler destination. If you love travelling, you should definitely visit this beautiful place.
It has a tropical rainstorm climate. From the month of March to May is the hottest time of the year. The year-round temperature ranges around 25-35 °C. Humidity reach is 70-76%. Karavatti has been chosen as one of the hundred urban areas to be turned into a Smart City under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission. Tourism is one of the essential industries on the island. The island has flawless white sand shorelines, favored by travelers for sun bathing. Various hotels and resorts have been made in Kavaratti as of late. The waters around the coral atoll are rich in various marine life. The Kavaratti Aquarium has a rich accumulation of corals and an unlimited gathering of tropical fish specimens.
POPULATION OF KAVARATTI IN 2017:
The 2011 population was 11,210 in view of the 2011 enumeration of India.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Kavaratti in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –11,236
- 2013 –11,384
- 2014 –11,473
- 2015 –11,681
- 2016 – 11,799
The population of Kavaratti in 2017 is forecasted to be 11,799 + 340 = 12,139. So, the population of Kavaratti in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 12,139.
Kavaratti Population 2017 – 12,139(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF KAVARATTI:
Males represent 55% of the population and females 45%. Out of the 1797 families on the island, 57 are beneath the poverty line. The proficiency was 88.6% for Kavaratti. This was an expansion from 44.4% in 1971. The male proficiency rate was 94.1%, while the female education was 81.66%. Out here around 12% of the population is under 6 years. The most usually spoken languages are ,Mahl, Malayalam and English.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF KAVARATTI:
The population density is 2920 persons per square kilometer. The population growth out here is steady and the number of people living here hasn’t grown at a faster pace. The decadal population growth of Kavaratti is about 10%, which is some positive sign. Being far away from different Indian cities is a major reason why there are less number of people here. The pace of population growth rate is estimated to be the same in the coming years and resulting in a steady population growth of Kavaratti.
FACTS ABOUT KAVARATTI:
- Among the most well known method for travelling to Kavaratti from the Indian territory is by means of an overnight voyage by traveler ships. Various traveler liners work from Kochi to Kavaratti and other Lakshadweep islands.
- The nearest airplane terminal is the Cochin International Airport in Kochi.
- The other commercial ventures on the island are fisheries and farming.
- The island has immaculate white sand shorelines, favored by vacationers for sun bathing. The quiet tidal ponds on Kavaratti island are perfect for swimming and water sports.
- Ground water is the significant wellspring of water supply to Kavaratti. The island has 190 lakes to gather storm waters and 1325 wells.
Find Latest Kavaratti Population in 2018