Kalyan-Dombivali is a twin city with its headquarters situated in Kalyan, Maharashtra. It was framed in 1982 to oversee the twin townships of Kalyan and Dombivali. Kalyan has a history marked by more than 700 years. Kalyan Dombivali is a proud member in the India Smarts Cities Challenge, a competition inspiring advancement in urban areas to enhance the lives of nationals.
POPULATION OF KALYAN-DOMBIVALI IN 2017:
As per the 2011 India registration, Kalyan-Dombivali had a population of about 1,246,381. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Kalyan-Dombivali in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.25 Million
- 2013 –1.33 Million
- 2014 –1.4 Million
- 2015 –1.58 Million
- 2016 – 1.7 Million
Taking a look at the population of Kalyan-Dombivali from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.45 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.09 Million. Hence, the population of Kalyan-Dombivali in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.7 Million + 0.09 Million = 1.79 Million. So, the population of Kalyan-Dombivali in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.79 Million.
Kalyan-Dombivali Population 2017 – 1.79 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF KALYAN-DOMBIVALI:
Males represent around 52% of the population of the city and females consist of 48%. The literacy rate of Kalyan-Dombivali is 93.06%, higher as contrasted with the national average of 74.04%. Male education is 96.11% and female education is around 89.73%. In Kalyan-Dombivali, 9.47% of its populace is under 6 years old. Kalyan-Dombivli is additionally considered as one of the speediest developing hub after Navi Mumbai.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF KALYAN-DOMBIVALI:
The population of the city is 21,833 persons per square kilometer. The city has been growing quite well in the recent years. With a lot of job opportunities and high standard of living, it has attracted a lot of people to relocate here and in that way there has been a growth in population of the city.
The decadal growth of the city as per the 2011 census is about 40% that is a very high growth rate of population as compared to other cities
FACTS ABOUT KALYAN-DOMBIVALI:
- High education rate is one of the best distinguishing marks for the area. Facts represent themselves. Kalyan-Dombivali is not just home to a portion of the noticeable schools and universities but additionally has the highest education rate in this part of the world.
- The nearness of the industrial belt in the region and rising chance of both, professional and hands on occupations have progressively pulled in the educated section of individuals.
- There is no denying that the city is a host of of different factors that have added to shape the Kalyan-Dombivali area as grant talent pool. Monetary opportunities have been one reason for the thriving. Thus, the locale is one of the handfuls of residential areas that can’t just claim to be an educated neighborhood yet could likewise to a great extent boast about its high standard of living.
- It is said that the city is today home to the expat working class and have been the impetus to the development of the locale to rise as an educated region. The nearness of the industrial belt in the region and industrial employments, have progressively pulled in many people from various walks of life.
- According to the 2011 enumeration, the education rate of Kalyan-Dombivali was 93.06 percent as compared to the national average of about 74.04 percent.
Find Latest Kalyan-Dombivali Population in 2018