Jodhpur is the second biggest city in the state of Rajasthan. It was in the past the seat of a princely state of a similar name. Jodhpur is a prevalent traveler destination, including numerous royal residences, fortifications and sanctuaries, set in the stark scene of the Thar Desert.
It is called as the Sun City for the sunny climate it enjoys throughout the year. The old city circles the fortifications and is bounded by a divider with a few entryways. Be that as it may, the city has grown incredibly outside the wall in the course of recent decades. The city lies close to the geographic center of Rajasthan, which makes it an advantageous base for travel in a district quite frequented by voyagers.
POPULATION OF JODHPUR IN 2017:
According to reports of Census India, population of Jodhpur is 1,033,918 in 2011. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Jodhpur in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.14 Million
- 2013 –1.34 Million
- 2014 –1.49 Million
- 2015 –1.56 Million
- 2016 – 1.63 Million
The population of Jodhpur in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.63 Million + 0.098 Million = 1.728 Million. So, the population of Jodhpur in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.728 Million.
Jodhpur Population 2017 – 1.728 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF JODHPUR:
Average literacy rate of the city is 81.56%, of which male and female literacy stands at 88.42 and 73.93% individually. Total kids under 6 years old constitute almost 12.24 percent of the population. Its Urban/Metropolitan population is about 1,137,815, out of which 599,332 are males and 538,483 are females. Hindi and Marwari are the primary languages talked here.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF JODHPUR:
The population density of Jodhpur is 13,000 persons per square kilometer. The decadal population growth of the city in 2011 is 32.2%. The rate grew by 3% when compared to the growth of the previous decade of 29.2% in 2001. The number of people living in the city is growing every year due to various reasons and of the factors leading to this is the fewer death rates and high number of migration to the city.
FACTS ABOUT JODHPUR:
- The climate of the city by and large hot and semi-parched, however with a stormy season from late June to September. In spite of the fact that the average precipitation is around 450 millimeters, it is uncommonly variable.
- A man was buried alive in the establishment of a fort to invalidate a condemnation put by a loner on the kingdom of Jodhpur. Furthermore, curiously this individual volunteered for it.
- The Handicrafts business has lately obscured the various commercial ventures in the city. By a few gauges, the furniture section is a $200 million industry, straightforwardly utilizing 200,000 individuals. Different things produced incorporate metal utensils, bikes, ink and sporting products.
- Its air base is Asia’s biggest and a standout among the most important and strategically situated. Jodhpur Airport played a significant part amid Indo-Pakistan wars in 1965 &1971. The air base comprised of Fighter Jets like Sukhoi Su-30MKI as well as Advanced Light Helicopters.
- The beautiful structures and picturesque scenes of the city were featured in some significant movies, including The Dark Knight Rises.