Jaipur is the capital and biggest city of Rajasthan in North India. It was established on 18 November 1727 by Maharaja Jai Singh II, the leader of Amer after whom the city is named. As per 2011, the city has a populaTION of 3.1 million, making it the tenth most crowded city in the nation. Jaipur is otherwise called the Pink City of India.
Situated 260 KM from the Indian capital New Delhi, Jaipur shapes a part of the Golden Triangle traveler circuit alongside Agra(240 km). Jaipur is a prominent visitor destination in the country and additionally serves as a door to other holiday destinations in Rajasthan.
POPULATION OF JAIPUR IN 2017:
Starting 2011, Jaipur had a population of 3,073,350. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Jaipur in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 3.1 Million
- 2013 – 3.22 Million
- 2014 – 3.30 Million
- 2015 – 3.44 Million
- 2016 – 3.54 Million
Taking a look at the population of Jaipur from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.44 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.088 Million. Hence, the population of Jaipur in 2017 is forecasted to be 3.54 Million + 0.088 Million = 3.628 Million. So, the population of Jaipur in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 3.628 Million.
Jaipur Population 2017 – 3.628 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF JAIPUR:
As per enumeration of 2011. The Hindu population represents 77.9%, Muslim 18.6%, Jain 2.4% and others of around 1.0%. While 47.49% individuals lived in rural areas, 52.51% lived in urban ranges. The general education rate for the region was 76.44%. 87.27% males and 64.63% females were proficient. The sex proportion was 898 females for 1,000 males.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF JAIPUR:
The populace density of Jaipur is 598 persons per square kilometer. Every year the population of Jaipur city increments by 3%. In 2016, Population of the city was assessed to be 3,548,512. Because of urbanization, Jaipur is seeing a descent growth in its population. The population was evaluated to be 3,441,816 in 2015. The Population growth in Jaipur has increased more than 10 times in the most recent 50 years. In the year 1900, the number of inhabitants in Jaipur was just 160,000. The population growth of the city has been really good and one of the reason for the growing number of people in the city is due to people migrating here in search of employment.
FACTS ABOUT JAIPUR:
- Jaipur is one of the initially planned urban cities in the country. It was planned as per Vastu Shastra by a Bengali architect in 1727.The headings of each road and business sector are East to West and North to South.
- Jantar Mantar in the city is one of the World Heritage Sites. It is a collection of architectural galactic instruments, made by Sawai Jai Singh who was a Rajput ruler.
- The Sawai Mansingh Stadium was made amid the rule of Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II and has a seating limit of just about 30,000 individuals and has facilitated numerous national and international cricket matches.
- Hawa Mahal made by Maharaja Sawai Singh effectively let the royal ladies watch regular life in the road underneath without being seen.
- Under the rule of Sawai Ram Singh, the city was painted pink, generally a shading connected with friendliness for the terrific welcome of Edward, Prince of Wales.
Now find the latest population of Jaipur in 2019 here