Jabalpur is situated in Madhya Pradesh, India. As indicated by the 2011 evaluation, it is the third-biggest urban agglomeration in Madhya Pradesh and the nation’s 37th-biggest urban agglomeration. Jabalpur is the managerial home office of Jabalpur region and the Jabalpur division. Amid the nineteenth century, it was added by British India as Jubbulpore and consolidated as a cantonment town. Since Indian Independence, there have been requests for a different state of Mahakoshal, with Jabalpur its capital. Jabalpur has been chosen as one of the hundred Indian urban cities to be created as a Smart city under Smart Cities Mission.
POPULATION OF JABALPUR IN 2017:
According to the year 2011, Jabalpur had a population of 1,081,677.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Jabalpur in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.1 Million
- 2013 –1.29 Million
- 2014 –1.4 Million
- 2015 –1.57 Million
- 2016 – 1.7 Million
Taking a look at the population of Jabalpur from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.6 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.12 Million. Hence, the population of Jabalpur in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.7 Million + 0.12 Million = 1.82 Million. So, the population of Jabalpur in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.82 Million.
Jabalpur Population 2017 – 1.82 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF JABALPUR:
Hinduism is the dominant religion in Jabalpur city with 79.39 % devotees. Islam is second in Jabalpur with roughly 15.03 %. In the city, Christianity is followed by around 1.59 %, Sikhism 1.05 % and Buddhism by 1.05 %. According to reports of Census India, population of the city in 2011 is 1,055,525; of which male and female are 545,510 and 510,015 separately. Despite the fact that the city has populace of 1,055,525; its urban/metropolitan population is 1,268,848.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF JABALPUR:
The population density of Jabalpur is 478 persons per square kilometer. The decadal population growth of Jabalpur has jumped up by 30% as per the 2011 census. Additionally, the population growth per year has hit a new high with rapid pace of population growth. There are various factors that have contributed to this fast paced growth of the city. One of the reasons can be the better job opportunities provided, which has somehow attracted people to come over here and work.
FACTS ABOUT JABALPUR:
- Jabalpur Engineering College has the refinement of being the Second Engineering College to be set up in the country.
- Jabalpur Collectorate is the primary Collectorate in India who has been acquired the significant ISO-9001 certificate This has come into power from April 1, 2007.
- The city’s way of life is identified with the rural population of the city and encompassing region. Clothing and food change with season and harvest. The city has a large number of arwari, Bengali, Sindhi, Tamil, Marathi, Punjabi and Baniya population.
- The city has a sticky subtropical weather, typical of central India (Madhya Pradesh and south Uttar Pradesh). Summer starts in late March, enduring until June. May is the hottest month, with temperatures surpassing 45 °C. The summer season is followed by the season of Monsoons.
- Jabalpur’s slopes, with their types of minerals, draw geologists and archaeologists. The city is encompassed by low, rough, desolate hillocks. Its essential stores are northeast of the city and water is additionally drawn from the Narmada River by the public health department.
Find Latest Jabalpur Population in 2018