Itanagar is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh. Itanagar is located at the foothills of Himalayas. It comes authoritatively under Papum Pare locale. It is is very much associated by road. There is a helicopter administration service flying from Guwahati to Naharlagun. Transports are accessible from Guwahati. The closest railroad station is Naharlagun.
Fascinating spots around here is the famous Ita-fort which goes back to the fifteenth century (after the city is named), historical Ganga Lake or Gyakar Sinyi as well as the new Buddhist temple called as Buddha Vihar blessed by the Dalai Lama. Vital monetary activities incorporate cultivating and horticulture. Itanagar is a must visit place for everyone with a charm of its own, ranging from monastries, scenic views and many more. It is also a fantastic place for river rafting and many foreign nationals visit here to get a taste of the amazing river rafting experience out here.
POPULATION OF ITANAGAR IN 2017:
The number of people from the rest of the country consists of about 70% in Itanagar. Itanagar is a beautiful place to visit and attracts a large number of tourists from all over the country.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Itanagar in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 35,630
- 2013 – 39,284
- 2014 – 47,135
- 2015 – 53,294
- 2016 – 61,093
Taking a look at the population of Itanagar from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 25,463 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 5092. Hence, the population of Itanagar in 2017 is forecasted to be 61,093 + 5092. = 66,185. So, the population of Itanagar in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 66,185.
Itanagar Population 2017 – 66,185(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ITANAGAR:
As per the 2011 India registration, It had a population of about 34,970. Males constitute 53% and females 47% of the total population. The city has an average literacy rate of 66.95%, which is lesser as compared to the national average of 74.4%. In the city about 15% of the population are below 6 years of age. There are different tribes in Itanagar and large portions of them talk distinctive dialects that are not the same as each other.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ITANAGAR:
The populace density of Itanagar is 13 persons per square kilometer. The population growth rate of the city is on the slower side when contrasted with other Indian urban cities and one of the reason is because of less number of individuals coming here and settling down. Majority of the people migrating to this part of India ranges from service people, army officers or businessmen etc.
FACTS ABOUT ITANAGAR:
- The Ita fort of the city is of historical significance and it is situated at Itanagar and uncovers the way that Ita fort was made by the Ahom King Chakradhvaj.
- Ganga Lake is a lovely natural lake privately known as Gekar Sinyi (Confined water in the Nyishi lingo) encompassed by a landmass of hard rock. Antiquated vegetation, orchids masses on tall trees and tree plants add to its popularity as an excursion spot.
- Nyokum is a festival celebrated by the Nyishi individuals of the state.
- All India Radio has a nearby station in Itanagar which transmits different programs of mass interest.
- National Highway 52A interfaces Itanagar to Assam and different parts of the country. Regular transport service is accessible from Guwahati to Itanagar.
Find Latest Itanagar Population in 2018