Guwahati is the biggest city of Assam, a noteworthy River port city and one of the quickest developing cities in India, located in the South Bank of the River Brahmaputra. The old urban cities of Pragjyotishpura and Durjaya (North Guwahati) were the capitals of Kamarupa under the Pala and Varman dynasties. Dispur, the capital of Assam, is in the circuit city locale situated inside Guwahati and additionally is the seat of the Government of Assam. The city has some of the best Chinese restaurants for food lovers.
The Guwahati locale has numerous wildlife including uncommon creatures, for example, Asian elephants, tigers, rhinoceros, primate species and endangered birds.
POPULATION OF GUWAHATI IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Guwahati in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.2 Million
- 2013 –1.35 Million
- 2014 –1.7 Million
- 2015 –1.84 Million
- 2016 – 1.91 Million
Taking a look at the population of Guwahati from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.71 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.142 Million. Hence, the population of Guwahati in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.91 Million + 0.142 Million = 2.052 Million. So, the population of Guwahati in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.052 Million.
Guwahati Population 2017 – 2.052 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF GUWAHATI:
The rate of child population in the city is 9.40%. The literacy rate is expressed to be 91.47% with male proficiency at 94.24% and female proficiency at 88.50%. The sex proportion of the city is 933 females per 1000 males and child sex proportion stands firm at 940 girls per 1000 boys. It is evaluated that Guwahati metro will house around 2.8 Million occupants by the year 2025. Hindus comprise of 84%, trailed by Islam of around 12.5% and alternate religions incorporate Sikhism, Jainism, Buddhism and Christians.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF GUWAHATI:
The population density of Guwahati is 4400 persons per square kilometer. The city is one of the quickest developing cities in India. The city’s population grew from only 200,000 in 1971 to above 500,000 in the year 1991. In the 2001 statistics, its population was 808,021. By 2012, the number of inhabitants in the quickly growing metropolitan area had ascended to 1.5 million.
The population growth of Hindus and Muslims are growing at a rapid pace currently. In the Lakhtokia area of the city, the population of Muslims is growing faster as compared to Hindus.
FACTS ABOUT GUWAHATI:
- The city is a service center for tea plantations and oil industry. It has the biggest tea auction market in India.
- Dance and music frame an essential part of the way of life of Guwahati. Bihu dance is the most vital folk dance of the state and it is performed amid different social activities in the city.
- A perfect Assamese feast starts with Khaar (a soluble dish), followed by the primary course, for example, meat, Maasor Tenga ( fish curry), green verdant vegetables and Aaloo Pitika (crushed potato). Tamul (betel nut) and paan, for the most part finish up the meal.
- Guwahati is the significant retail and marketing center of the area and additionally a wholesale circulation center. Shopping centers, multiplexes, workplaces, eateries and business buildings have mushroomed in numerous parts of the city over the previous decade.
- The city has a Gross Domestic Product of $1.5 billion. Significant economic activities of the place incorporate transportation, business, services and trade.
Now find the latest population of Guwahati in 2019 here