Gujarat is a state in West India, some of the time alluded to as the Jewel of Western India. The state has a zone of 196,024 km2 with a coastline of 1,600 km, the greater part of which lies on the Kathiawar peninsula and a population in abundance of 60 million. The state is flanked by Rajasthan toward the north, Maharashtra toward the south, Madhya Pradesh toward the east and the Pakistani region of Sindh toward the west. Its capital city is Gandhinagar, while its biggest city is Ahmedabad.
The state incorporates a few destinations of the old Indus Valley Civilization, for example, Lothal and Dholavira.
POPULATION OF GUJARAT IN 2017:
The number of inhabitants in Gujarat State was 60,383,628, as per the 2011 evaluation information. According to the registration of 2011, the state has a sex proportion of 918 females for 1000 males, one of the least (positioned 24) among the 29 states in India.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Gujarat in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 61.8 Million
- 2013 – 62.7 Million
- 2014 – 63.9 Million
- 2015 – 65.2 Million
- 2016 – 66.1 Million
Taking a look at the population of Gujarat from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 5.3 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 1.06 Million. Hence, the population of Gujarat in 2017 is forecasted to be 66.1 Million + 1.06 Million = 67.16 Million. So, the population of Gujarat in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 67.16 Million.
Gujarat Population 2017 – 67.16 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF GUJARAT:
While Gujarati speakers constitute a larger part of Gujarat’s population, the metropolitan zones of Ahmedabad and Surat are cosmopolitan, with various other ethnic and dialect groups. Marwaris make extensive minorities out of economic vagrants, smaller groups of Nepalese, Portuguese, South Koreans, Assamese, Bengali, Armenians, Greeks, Tibetans, Punjabis and Parsis additionally live here. The South Korean community customarily worked in the tanning industry and ran eateries.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF GUJARAT:
The populace density of Gujarat is 258 persons per square kilometer. Gujarat is the tenth biggest state regarding Population in India. Gujarat is a standout among the most industrialized states of India and in this manner draws in people from India both regarding investments and employments. From a little figure of 50,671,017 in 2001, the number of inhabitants in Gujarat has gone to 60,383,628 in 2011. Populace growth in the state has seen an expansion of 19.17 in this decade. The population is growing at a yearly rate of 1.9 percent. In 2016, Going by its yearly growth rate, it would touch the 70 Million mark soon.
FACTS ABOUT GUJARAT:
- India and Pakistan’s Father of Nations both were actually Gujarati, in particular, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi otherwise known as Mahatma Gandhi and Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- The rate of man-days lost in Gujarat because of work agitation/strike is 0.42%, the most reduced in the nation.
- 80% of all precious stones sold anywhere on the planet are polished in Gujarat. The lone non-Jews in the Tel Aviv (Israel) and Jerusalem (Israel) precious stone bourse are from Gujarat.
- At the height of around 2000 feet, Palitana in Gujarat is the main spot on the planet with more than 900 Jain temples.
- Gandhinagar is considered as one of the greenest urban communities on the planet and the greenest capital city in the entire Asia.