Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat in West India. Gandhinagar is found around 23 KM north of Ahmedabad, on the west side of the Industrial hall between Delhi and Mumbai, the financial capital of the country. Gandhinagar lies on the west bank of the Sabarmati River, around 464 KM far from Mumbai.
Thirty areas, into which the city has been partitioned, stretch around the focal Government complex. Every sector has its own shopping center, grade school, health center, government as well as private lodging. There is a procurement of parks, broad planting and a recreational area along the stream, giving the city a green city air. The city is a great place to visit and know the history of this place called Gandhinagar.
POPULATION OF GANDHINAGAR IN 2017:
As per the 2001 India enumeration, Gandhinagar had a population of 195,891. Males represented 53% of the population and females 47%.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Gandhinagar in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 224,493
- 2013 – 246,393
- 2014 – 262,994
- 2015 – 285,081
- 2016 – 298,035
Taking a look at the population of Gandhinagar from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 73,542 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 14,708. Hence, the population of Gandhinagar in 2017 is forecasted to be 298,035 + 14,708 = 312,743. So, the population of Gandhinagar in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 312,743.
Gandhinagar Population 2017 – 312,743(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF GANDHINAGAR:
As per the 2001 India statistics, Gandhinagar had a population of 195,891. Gandhinagar has an average proficiency rate of 77.11%. Male education is 82% and female proficiency is 73%. Additionally, more than 95% of the number of inhabitants in Gandhinagar are Hindus.
There was change of 4.29% in the population contrasted with the population according to 2001. In the past enumeration of India 2001, Gandhinagar District recorded expansion of 21.73 percent to its populace contrasted with 1991.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF GANDHINAGAR:
The populace density of Gandhinagar is 660 persons per square kilometer. Its population growth rate throughout the decade 2001-2011 was around 12.15%. The present growth rate regarding population has been on the moderate side and it can’t be said as high or low. Going by the trend of the population growth rate of the city, it is going to grow as per the ongoing pace in the coming years. With a rush of people migrating to the city, there will be an additional increase in the number of people living in Gandhinagar.
FACTS ABOUT GANDHINAGAR:
- Gandhinagar, the state capital of Gujarat is located on the banks of Sabarmati River and is the country’s second planned city after Chandigarh.
- The assortment of Bandhani saris and different wears which are accessible at sensible rates make shopping an agreeable ordeal here.
- The best possible planning of the city alongside its very much well maintained streets, 24*7 continuous power and water facility makes it one of the best places in the country.
- The popular Akshardham temple is situated in this city. It was was attacked by two individuals in the year of 2002.
- The city has a tropical wet and dry weather with three fundamental seasons: summer, monsoon and winter. The weather is for the most part dry and hot outside of the rainstorm season. The climate is hot to seriously hot from March to June when the most extreme temperature stays between 36 to 42 °C.
Now find the latest population of Gandhinagar in 2019 here