Faridabad is the biggest city of Haryana. It is an industrial center located in the National Capital Region bordering New Delhi. It is encompassed by Delhi to its North. The Yamuna frames the eastern region and the city have been included it the second rundown of Smart Cities Mission on 24 May 2016. The city is additionally a noteworthy industrial center of Haryana. Half of the income tax gathered in Haryana is from Faridabad and Gurgaon. It is popular for henna generation from the rural area, while tractors, fridges, shoes constitute its essential modern items. Faridabad has been an upcoming city with lots of amenities for its people. Being near to Delhi has helped the city in a great way. There are some amazing attractions to see for tourists.
POPULATION OF FARIDABAD IN 2017:
According to 2011 evaluation, Faridabad had a population of 1,404,653.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Faridabad in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.5 Million
- 2013 –1.6 Million
- 2014 –1.69 Million
- 2015 –1.81 Million
- 2016 – 1.9 Million
Taking a look at the population of Faridabad from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.4 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.08 Million. Hence, the population of Faridabad in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.9 Million + 0.08 Million = 1.98 Million. So, the population of Faridabad in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.98 Million.
Faridabad Population 2017 – 1.98 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF FARIDABAD:
Hinduism is the main religion in Faridabad with 89.01 % people following it. Islam is second most famous religion in city with roughly 7.29 %. In Faridabad, Christianity is followed by 0.64 %, Sikhism by 2.04 % and Buddhism by 2.04 %. According to reports of Census India, population of the city in 2011 is 1,414,050; of which male and female are 754,542 and 659,508 individually.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF FARIDABAD:
The population density of Faridabad is 2421 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of the city has been quite good and somehow the number of people living in the city has jumped up at a faster rate in the last 5 years. Better job opportunities and other factors are some of the reasons for the drastic population growth of Faridabad. It is estimated that the city will keep growing in terms of population in the coming years with the same pace.
FACTS ABOUT FARIDABAD:
- Faridabad has countless schools. Schools like Delhi Public School, Apeejay School and Modern Vidya Niketan are among the main 10 schools in Faridabad.
- Delhi Metro Violet Line connected Delhi with Faridabad. The augmentation of Violet Line to Faridabad was initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 6 September 2015.
- The city is the industrial capital of Haryana. As per 2013, out of aggregate 11,665 enrolled working processing plants in Haryana, 2,499 were in Faridabad, which was trailed by Gurgaon with 2,116 production lines.
- Numerous directorates of various union government services are headquartered in Faridabad including Central Ground Water Board and Central Insecticide Lab and numerous others to name.
- The Faridabad Small Industries Association claims that the city and Gurgaon regions represent just about 56% of the income tax gathered in Haryana. Additionally, Faridabad has been chosen as one of the hundred Indian urban cities to be created as a Smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission.
Now find the latest population of Faridabad in 2019 here