Dispur, a region of Guwahati, turned into the capital of Assam in 1973. This happened after Shillong, the recent capital, turned into the capital of Meghalaya that was cut out of Assam. The city is the seat of Government of Assam. The Assam Secretariat building is situated in Dispur alongside the Assam Assembly House as well as the State Emergency Operations Center.
It has warm summers and cool winters as with the instance of Guwahati. Winters are likewise joined by incidental rainfalls that cut down the temperature further. Rainstorm season in Dispur starts from the month of June.
POPULATION OF DISPUR IN 2017:
The literacy rate is 91.47% with literacy of males at 94.24% and females at 88.50%. The sex proportion has been recorded to be 933 females for every 1000 males.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Dispur in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 562,594
- 2013 – 612,549
- 2014 – 661,224
- 2015 – 731,385
- 2016 – 810,234
Taking a look at the population of Dispur from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 247,640 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 49,528. Hence, the population of Dispur in 2017 is forecasted to be 810,234 + 49,528 = 859,762. So, the population of Dispur in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 859,762.
Dispur Population 2017 – 859,762(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DISPUR:
Dispur is situated inside Kamrup Metropolitan locale In Assam. According to 2011 census, the total population of the city is 534,872. In view of population, Dispur is positioned first in Kamrup Metropolitan region and positioned second in Assam. It has a total of 209,034 individuals employed. Out of all the employed people, 161,185 are male and 47,849 are female. Dispur remains at fourth in Kamrup Metropolitan area and positioned 95th in Assam. Regarding literacy, the city ranks first in Kamrup Metropolitan district and positioned first in Assam.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DISPUR:
The population density of Dispur is 34 persons per square kilometer. Dispur is known to be one of the fastest growing hot spots of Assam. Dispur was just starting to develop in the early 2000’s and now it boasts many top class restaurants and hotels. The population has jumped skywards in the last 5 years from a population of around 500,000 in 2010 and now it is about 800,000 and above. The city has attracted many people from around the country to migrate here for their personal business or services. The population growth rate of the city is going at a rapid rate and there is no doubt that Dispur would would the 1 Million mark very soon in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT DISPUR:
- Dispur is the capital city of Assam in north-east India. You can discover the Assam secretariat building situated out here alongside Assam Assembly house and also the State Emergency Operations Center.
- Conventional folk music additionally shape an imperative part, to portray the way of life of Dispur. A portion of the prominent artists who have conveyed another shape to Dispur music incorporate Bhupen Hazarika, Rudra Baruah etc.
- You can find Assamese culture and legacy through art and craft emporium known Shilpagram, situated in Dispur.
- Fish is overwhelmingly adored and preferred by the locals. Assamese tea is entirely well known in Dispur.
- Bamboo items are accessible in abundance in Dispur. Local bazaars like Ganeshguri bazaar offer an assortment of local products including shoes as well as handloom items.
Now find the latest population of Dispur in 2019 here