Dhanbad is a city in Jharkhand. It is the second most populated city in the state. The city ranks 42 in population among different urban areas in India. Dhanbad is well known for its coal mining, has a portion of the biggest mines in India and is called Coal Capital of India. The Indian School of Mines is situated in Dhanbad. Among the rail divisions of Indian Railway, Dhanbad Rail Division is the second biggest as far as income generation after the Mumbai division. It has one parliamentary seat and about six seats in the Legislative Assembly. The city is well known for coal mining and many stars from here have made it big in life, one of them is Meiyang Chang, who became an overnight star during one of the seasons of Indian Idol.
POPULATION OF DHANBAD IN 2017:
As per figures of the 2011 census, Dhanbad had a population of 1,195,298.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Dhanbad in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –2.82 Million
- 2013 –2.94 Million
- 2014 –3.10 Million
- 2015 –3.15 Million
- 2016 – 3.21 Million
The population of Dhanbad in 2017 is forecasted to be 3.21 Million + 0.082 Million = 3.292 Million. So, the population of Dhanbad in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 3.292 Million.
Dhanbad Population 2017 – 3.292 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DHANBAD:
Males represent 53% of the population and females 47%. The city has a literacy rate of 80.78%, higher than the national average of about 74.04%. Male proficiency is 87.93% and female proficiency is 72.69%. In Dhanbad, 10.57% of its population is under 5 years old. Hinduism is the main religion and Islam is the second biggest religion in Dhanbad.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DHANBAD:
The population density of Dhanbad is 1284 persons per square kilometer. In 2011, the city had a population of 2,684,487. Males and females comprised of 1,405,956 and 1,278,531 separately. During the 2001 census, the city grew as far as numbers are concerned and had a population of 2,397,102.
There was difference of 11.99% in the population contrasted with the population according to 2001. In the past registration of 2001, the city recorded an expansion of 22.95 percent to its population contrasted with 1991.
FACTS ABOUT DHANBAD:
- Dhanbad began from the locale of Manbhum, which was occupied by Mundari races in the wild of South Bihar.
- Manbhum was one of the locales of the East India amid the British Raj. After India’s freedom, the area turned into a section of Bihar state, and upon re-association of the Indian states in the mid-1950s, the locale turned into a part of the West Bengal.
- The city features climate that is transitional between damp subtropical weather conditions and a tropical wet and dry climate. Summer begins from March and finishes in mid-June. Temperatures in summer can reach 48 °C. Dhanbad additionally gets heavy precipitation. In winter, the temperature stays around 10 °C with the highest being 22 °C.
- Observing the rising pollution in the coal city, the Municipal Corporation of Dhanbad wants to plant trees which can ingest harmful gasses from the climate.
- Dhanbad formally turned into the second town in the state to have a cricket stadium with floodlights, with the introduction of floodlights at Tata Digwadih Stadium.
Now find the latest population of Dhanbad in 2019 here