Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhand in north India. Situated in the Garhwal locale, it is located 236 kilometers north of New Delhi. The city is in the Doon Valley on the foothills of the Himalayas, settled between two of the countrys mightiest streams — the Ganges and the Yamuna. The city is well known for its beautiful scenic views and climatic conditions and gives a door to the encompassing locale. It is very much connected and in nearness to prominent Himalayan destinations, for example, Mussoorie and Auli. Dehradun is a spectaculart place to visit with its enchanting views and the city includes some famous tourist destinations that can be visited.
POPULATION OF DEHRADUN IN 2017:
According to reports of Census India, population of Dehradun in the year 2011 was 578,420; male and female are 303,411 and 275,009 individually.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Dehradun in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 592,889
- 2013 – 608,443
- 2014 – 625,449
- 2015 – 641,891
- 2016 – 655,356
Taking a look at the population of Dehradun from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 62,467 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 12,493. Hence, the population of Dehradun in 2017 is forecasted to be 655,356 + 12,493 = 667,849. So, the population of Dehradun in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 667,849.
Dehradun Population 2017 – 667,849(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DEHRADUN:
The sex proportion of the city is 906 females per 1000 males. The number of literates in the city is 463,791. The average education rate of Dehradun city is 89.32% while male proficiency and female proficiency rates are 92.65 and 85.66 percent respectively. The number of kids of age under six in the city is 59,180 according to figure from Census report of 2011.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DEHRADUN:
The population density of the city is 550 persons per square kilometer. There was change of 32.33% in the population as contrasted with the population according to the year 2001. In the past statistics of India 2001, Dehradun District recorded expansion of 25.00 percent to its population contrasted with 1991. It has a relentless population growth of 2.5% and it has pulled in a a lot of people to the region, which has eventually lead to a good rate of population growth. Dehradun is one of the leading places in terms of decadal population growth in the state.
FACTS ABOUT DEHRADUN:
- Dehradun discovers reference in the epic Hindu writings of Ramayana and Mahabharata. As indicated by the legend, Lord Ram and Lakshman had visited the place on their way again from Lanka. Likewise, this district was a home to the immense educator of Pandavas and Kauravas — Guru Dronacharya.
- The prestigious Doon schools, known famously around the world , actually appeared in 1935. Some even call this alliance of schools the Elton of The East.
- The Sahastradhara spring in the city is known for its sulphuric recuperating properties for any sort of skin illnesses.
- Dehradun is a part of the Garhwal area, accordingly the local traditions of the Garhwali individuals have impacted its culture. Hindi and Garhwali are the essential dialects spoken. Different dialects spoken in the district are English, Nepali, Punjabi, Tibetan, and Kumaoni.
- Since the state of Uttarakhand was formed 2000, it suffered a blow to its facilities in temrs of sports as Uttar Pradesh had the whole infrastructure for sports.
Fihnd Latest Dehradun Population in 2018