Daman and Diu is a seaside union territory in India, which was at one time a part of the Portuguese empire neighboring Goa. Daman is a twin town of the city of Coimbra in Portugal. Diu Island is twinned with the city of Loures, likewise in Portugal. As indicated by the Constitution of India, Administration of Daman and Diu is done by an Administrator, designated by the President of India as an operator of the President and not a head of state/government or a representative.
POPULATION OF DAMAN AND DIU IN 2017:
As indicated by the 2011 registration, Daman and Diu had a population of 242,911.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Daman & Diu in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –256,303
- 2013 –268,130
- 2014 –280,003
- 2015 –294,410
- 2016 – 298,023
Taking a look at the population of Daman & Diu from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 41,720 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 8344. Hence, the population of Daman & Diu in 2017 is forecasted to be 298,023 + 8344 = 306,367. So, the population of Daman & Diu in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 306,367.
Daman and Diu Population 2017 – 306,367(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DAMAN AND DIU:
As indicated by the 2011 statistics, the lowest female to male proportion in India (618 females per thousand males) was recorded in the Union Territory. The Daman locale, with a female to male proportion of 533, is among the lowest of the considerable number of areas in India.
Gujarati is spoken by the local Damaniya people, Marathi, English and Hindi are the official dialects used as a part of the territory. English is progressively acknowledged for authority purposes. Warli and dialects of Konkani are likewise used. The Catholics are peacefully served by the Metropolitan Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Goa and Daman. Standard Portuguese is present in a post-creole continuum while Daman and Diu Portuguese is spoken by around 10,000–12,000 individuals in Daman.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DAMAN AND DIU:
The population density of Daman and Diu is 2191 persons per square kilometer. The aggregate population growth in this decade was 53.76% while in earlier decade it was 55.59% The number of inhabitants in Daman and Diu shapes 0.02 percent of India in 2011. In 2001, the figure was about 0.02 percent. The population growth in 2011 was an amazing 67% and the population in the coming years is set to grow at a quicker rate.
FACTS ABOUT DAMAN AND DIU:
- Daman has a pleasant climate throughout the year. In summer, Daman is honored with cool wind originating from over the Arabian sea
- Dance and Music are especially part of the every day life of the people out here. Here is a true combination of societies – tribal, European and Indian. This luxurious amalgam is reflected in the customary moves of Daman.
- Different Portuguese dances are well safeguarded and still generally presented. Tribal dance with social remarks are in vogue.
- Goa, Daman and Diu was directed as a solitary union region until 1987, when Goa was conceded statehood, leaving Daman and Diu as a different union territory. Every enclave constitutes one of the union territorys two locale.
- Its GDP for Daman and Diu in the year 2005 was assessed at 156 million US dollars at current costs.
Find Latest Daman and Diu Population 2018