Coimbatore is a noteworthy city in Tamil Nadu. Situated on the banks of the Noyyal River, encompassed by the Western Ghats, it is the second biggest city in the state after Chennai and the sixteenth biggest urban agglomeration in India. It is controlled by the Coimbatore Municipal Corporation and is the authoritative capital of Coimbatore area. It is one of the quickest developing level II urban cities in the country and a noteworthy center point for textiles, commercial ventures, business, education in Tamil Nadu.
In the year 1804, the city was built up as the capital of the recently framed Coimbatore locale and in 1866 it was given the municipality status with Robert Stanes as the Chairman.
POPULATION OF COIMBATORE IN 2017:
Coimbatore has a population of about 1,601,438 according to the 2011 registration.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Coimbatore in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.65 Million
- 2013 –1.7 Million
- 2014 –1.76 Million
- 2015 –1.8 Million
- 2016 – 1.85 Million
Taking a look at the population of Coimbatore from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.20 Million the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.04 Million. Hence, the population of Coimbatore in 2017 is forecasted to be 1.85 Million + 0.04 Million = 1.89 Million. So, the population of Coimbatore in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1.89 Million.
Coimbatore Population 2017 – 1.89 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF COIMBATORE:
The city has a literacy rate of 89.23%, higher as compared to the national average of 74.04%. Literacy of Males is 93.17% and female is 85.3% with 8.9% of the population under six years old. The sex proportion was 964 females per 1000 males. In the year 2005, the crime rate was 265.9 for every 100,000 individuals, representing 1.2% of all violations reported in significant urban areas in India.
There were a sum of 425,115 workers, containing 1,539 cultivators, 2,908 primary farming workers, 11,789 in house hold commercial enterprises, 385,802 different workers, 23,077 peripheral laborers, 531 minimal cultivators and 20,877 other marginal specialists.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF COIMBATORE:
The population density is 601 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of Coimbatore is currently at a high level and it is expected that the rate will be growing at the same pace in the coming years.
Those moving from rural areas looking for employments at first get into areas, for example, construction or assembling. They additionally settle down in the moderately lesser created zones that have reasonable convenience. This has lead or is one of the factors for the fast population growth in the city.
FACTS ABOUT COIMBATORE:
- The locale around Coimbatore was ruled by the Cheras amid Sangam period between first and the fourth centuries CE and it served as the eastern access to the Palakkad Gap, the foremost exchange course between the west coast and Tamil Nadu.
- Coimbatore was built up as the capital of Coimbatore locale in the year 1804 and in 1866 it was concurred municipality status.
- The city is among the quickest developing level II urban cities in the country and a noteworthy center for commercial ventures, trade, education and manufacturing in Tamil Nadu.
- Coimbatore is the second biggest producer of programming in the state, just next to Chennai. TIDEL Park and other IT parks in the city has helped in the development of IT and Business process outsourcing enterprises in the city.
- The city and its people have a reputation for entrepreneurship.
Now find the latest population of Coimbatore in 2019 here