Chandigarh is a city and also union territory in the northern side of India that serves as the capital of Punjab as well as Haryana. As a union territory, Chandigarh is managed specifically by the Union Government and is not a portion of either state.
Chandigarh Capital Region is an area in north India, involving regions of the Union Territory of Chandigarh, Punjab(Mohali District) and Haryana(Panchkula area). The area comprises of the urban cities of Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur and Kharar. The city was one of the early planned urban cities during post-Independence India and is known globally for its engineering and urban configuration. The city is a must vist for everybody as it has some of the best places to eat, shop, chill out and many more.
POPULATION OF CHANDIGARH IN 2017:
As per the 2011 India enumeration, the city had a population of 1,055,450, making for a density of around 9252 persons per square kilometer.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Chandigarh in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 999,218
- 2013 – 1,039,186
- 2014 – 1,080,753
- 2015 – 1,123,983
- 2016 – 1,165,565
Taking a look at the population of Chandigarh from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 166,347 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 33,269. Hence, the population of Chandigarh in 2017 is forecasted to be 1,165,565 + 33,269 = 1,198,834. So, the population of Chandigarh in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 1,198,834.
Chandigarh Population 2017 – 1,198,834(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF CHANDIGARH:
Males represent 55% of the population and females 45%. The sex proportion is 818 females for 1,000 maless –which is the 3rd lowest in the nation, up from 773 in 2001. The child sex proportion is 880 females for thousand males, up from 819 in the year 2001. The city has an average education rate of 86.77%, with male proficiency of 90.81% and female proficiency of 81.88%. 10.8% of the population is under 6 years old.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF CHANDIGARH:
The populace density of Chandigarh is 9252 persons per square kilometer. There has been a significant decrease in the populace growth rate in Chandigarh, with only 17.10% growth between 2001-2011. Since, 1951-1961 the rate has diminished from 394.13% to 17.10%. This is presumably as a result of fast urbanization and improvement in neighboring urban communities. The urban population constitutes 97.25% of the aggregate and the rural population makes up around 2.75% as there are just couple of villages inside Chandigarh and majority of individuals live in the heart of Chandigarh or known as the city.
FACTS ABOUT CHANDIGARH:
- It is a union territory controlled by the Central Government and it additionally the capital of Haryana and Punjab.
- It is seen that the parts in Chandigarh and Panchkula doesn’t have a Sector 13, a superstitious conviction that the number 13 is not good.
- Chandigarh came into notification post-independence as the capital of Punjab around then was Lahore and required another capital.
- The Central Plaza in Sector 17 is called Pedestrian’s Paradise planned to avoid any kind of traffic and is a preferred destination for individuals on weekends as it houses eateries, bars, discos, attire stores and so forth.
- Tree plantation was a noteworthy part of the city’s plan. This is the motivation behind why there are around 26 blooming species and 22 trees species planted at different spots over the city.
Find Latest Chandigarh Population in 2018