Bhubaneswar, additionally spelt as Bhubaneshwar is the capital of Odisha. It is the biggest city in Odisha and is a focal point of economic and religious significance in Eastern India.
In spite of the fact that the current city of Bhubaneswar was formally established in 1948, the historical backdrop of the regions in and around the present-day city can be followed to first century BCE and prior. With numerous 8th-12th century CE Hindu temples, which traverse the whole range of Kalinga architecture, Bhubaneswar is frequently alluded to as a Temple City of India. The city replaced Cuttack as the capital in 1948, the year after India picked up its autonomy from Britain.
POPULATION OF BHUBANESWAR IN 2017:
According to the 2011 statistics of India, Bhubaneswar had a population of 837,737. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Bhubaneswar in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 843,202
- 2013 – 858,009
- 2014 – 879,211
- 2015 – 891,624
- 2016 – 905,339
Taking a look at the population of Bhubaneswar from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 62,137 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 12,427. Hence, the population of Bhubaneswar in 2017 is forecasted to be 905,339 + 12,427 = 917,766. So, the population of Bhubaneswar in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 917,766.
Bhubaneswar Population 2017 – 917,766(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF BHUBANESWAR:
The decadal growth rate was 45.90%. Successful male literacy was 95.69%, while female proficiency was 90.26%. Oriya is spoken by the larger part while Hinduism is the significant religion followed by the general population living in Bhubaneshwar. Tribal population is around 22% of the aggregate population in Orissa. Hinduism is dominant religion in Bhubaneswar city with 95.21 % adherents. Islam is the second most followed religion in the city with around 3.29 %. In Bhubaneswar city, Christianity is followed by 0.92 %, Sikhism by 0.12 % and Buddhism by 0.12 %. Around 0.04 % expressed Other Religion, roughly 0.35 % expressed No Particular Religion.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF BHUBANESWAR:
The populace density of Bhubaneswar is 2131 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of the city has been really good in the recent years and it has been that as compared to the previous decade, the population has jumped up at a faster pace. The city has been helped by the enormous growth rate of the state and the trend is set to continue in the coming years.
FACTS ABOUT BHUBANESWAR:
- You can without much of a stretch make a road show or a campaign effective as the interest level of individuals here are entirely high.
- The market building shopping complex is one of the biggest swarmed area of Bhubaneswar where close to around 5-14K individuals visit on generally and on weekends this figure may rise 5-7 times more as compared to the other days.
- The south suburb areas of the city have a portion of the striking temples, similar to the Lingaraja Temple, the Muktesvara Temple and so on.
- Set on the Mahanadi Delta, the present city is a happening place with top class framework. Numerous national and global conglomerates having inked understandings to beneficially put investment into the State occupy workplaces here in Bhubaneswar. Star class inns, eateries, bistros, shopping centers provide quality lifestyle.
- The Bhubaneswar zone first showed up in history amid the fourth century BC. The fort city of Sisupalgarh, 5 Km from Dhauli and 2.5 Km south of Bhubaneswar was the site of Kalinga Nagar.
Now find the latest population of Bhubaneswar in 2019 here