Bhopal is the capital of Madhya Pradesh and the administrative headquarters of Bhopal locale and Bhopal division. It was the capital of the previous Bhopal State. Bhopal is well known as the City of Lakes for its different characteristic and in addition simulated lakes as well as one of the greenest urban areas in India. It is the seventeenth biggest city in the nation and 131st on the planet.
The city has been chosen as one of the initial twenty Indian cities to be made as a smart city under PM Narendra Modi’s Smart Cities Mission and will be the principal smart city of the country in the coming years.
POPULATION OF BHOPAL IN 2017:
As per the 2011 registration, the number of inhabitants in the city is 1,798,218, with 936,168 males and 862,050 females.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Bhopal in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 2.84 Million
- 2013 – 2.86 Million
- 2014 – 2.9 Million
- 2015 – 2.95 Million
- 2016 – 2.98 Million
The population of Bhopal in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.98 Million + 0.32 Million = 3.3 Million. So, the population of Bhopal in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 3.3 Million.
Bhopal Population 2017 – 3.3 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF BHOPAL:
The aggregate literacy rate (for population above 7+ years) was 85.24%, with male and female literacy rate standing at 89.2% and 80.1%. Out of the city’s aggregate population, 1.25 million were Hindus, 500,000 were Muslims and rest were Jains, Christians, Sikhs and others.
The general population of the city communicates in Hindi. Be that as it may, then again, immaculate Hindi is not spoken always, rather the dialect spoken by regular individuals is somewhat blended with gigantic Urdu vocabulary. In this way, Hindustani is more common than Hindi.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF BHOPAL:
The populace density of Bhopal is 855 persons per square kilometer. The population growth of the city has been really good and it has been seen that over the previous decade the population growth rate has jumped to 24%. This is a significant number and it shows why the number of people living in the city is increasing at a good rate. There has been a heavy influx of laborers from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh that has contributed to the large number of population in the city of Bhopal.
FACTS ABOUT BHOPAL:
- Bhopal was established in the mid eighteenth century and was ruled from the year 1844 to 1926 by the begums of Bhopal, renowned women pioneers. Despite the fact that the population was principally Hindu, the princely family was Muslim.
- Bhopal has an extremely present day segment and an old city with slopes and lakes provides the environment much grand excellence. The city is the seat of a few institutions of higher studies and has a huge mosque. There are numerous sites of historical and archaeological enthusiasm in Bhopal.
- Bhopal is renowned for the UNESCO World famous site named Bhimbetka – the stone shelter is believed to be the early proof of Stone Age rock paintings.
- The city is well known for silver adornments, dazzlingly beadwork, and cushions.
- The city was built on the site of an eleventh century city known as Bhojapal, established by the King, Raja Bhoja.