Aurangabad is a city in the Aurangabad locale of Maharashtra. The city is named after the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. The city is a tourism center, encompassed by numerous recorded landmarks, including the Ajanta Caves and Ellora Caves, which are actually UNESCO World Heritage Sites and additionally Bibi Ka Maqbara and Panchakki. It is titled The City of Gates and the presence of these can be felt as one drives around the city. It was established in 1610 by Malik Amber which in the year of 2010 finished 400 years. Aurangabad is Tourism Capital of the state. Aurangabad has an old world charm with beautiful Mughal Era structures. There are a lot of tourist attractions in the city for everyone and it is a must visit destination if you’re a traveller.
POPULATION OF AURANGABAD IN 2017:
According to the evaluation of 2011, the city had a population of 1.1 Million. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Agartala in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.3 Million
- 2013 –1.6 Million
- 2014 –1.8 Million
- 2015 –2 Million
- 2016 – 2.4 Million
Taking a look at the population of Aurangabad from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1.1 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.22 Million. Hence, the population of Aurangabad in 2017 is forecasted to be 2.4 Million + 0.22 Million = 2.62 Million. So, the population of Aurangabad in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.62 Million.
Aurangabad Population 2017 – 2.62 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF AURANGABAD:
Hinduism is the dominant religion in Aurangabad city at 51%. Islam is second most prevalent religion in Aurangabad with roughly 41.79% with 361,817 individuals following it. In the city, Buddhism is followed by 178,307 and Christianity is by by 10,060 individuals making 0.86%, Sikhism by 3,427 and around 0.04% expressed Other Religion, roughly 0.15% expressed No Particular Religion.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF AURANGABAD:
The population of Aurangabad is 8400 persons per square kilometer. The decadal population growth of the city in 2011 was 40%, a certain drop from 52% in 2001. Nevertheless, the population growth has been extremely high and it has brought about a change in the city. The female population is growing at a rapid pace alongside males and also the there has been less number of people leaving the city and relocating to another city. These all have added in the surge of the population growth of the city.
FACTS ABOUT AURANGABAD:
- Khadki was the first name of the town which was made a capital city by Malik Ambar, the Prime Minister of Murtaza Nizam.
- The city was a part of the Princely State of Hyderabad amid the British Raj, until its addition into the Indian Union after the Indian Independence in 1947.
- It is one of the speediest developing cities in Asia. It beat the graph among the developing urban areas. It lies on a noteworthy trade route that used to interface north-west India’s sea and area ports to the Deccan locale
- It was a noteworthy silk and cotton material generation center with a fine mix of silk with cotton and it was produced as Himroo material. Paithani silk sari is additionally made in the city.
- Prozone Mall spread over more than 1 million square feet is the greatest in the area. The business is a big employment generator. Prozone alone made direct employment opportunities for 4000 individuals.
Now find the latest population of Aurangabad in 2019 here