The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the seven union territories of the country and are likewise a group of islands at the point of the Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea. The region is 150 km north of Aceh in Indonesia and separated from Myanmar and Thailand by the Andaman Sea. It contains two island groups, the Andaman Islands and the Nicobar Islands, divided by the 10°N parallel with the Andaman’s toward the north of this latitude and the Nicobar toward the south. The Andaman Sea is located to the east and the Bay of Bengal toward the west.
POPULATION OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS IN 2017:
As per the 2011 Census of India, the number of inhabitants in the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands was about 379,944, of which 202,330 were men and 177,614 were women.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –380,500
- 2013 –384,566
- 2014 –391,354
- 2015 –400,112
- 2016 – 413,667
Taking a look at the population of Andaman and Nicobar Islands from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 33,167 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 6633. Hence, the population of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in 2017 is forecasted to be 413,667 + 6633 = 420,300. So, the population of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 420,300.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands Population 2017 – 420,300(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS:
The sex proportion was 878 females per 1,000 males. Just 10% of the population lived in Nicobar islands. Hindi and English are the official dialects spoken of the islands. Bengali is the predominant and most spoken language with 26% of the people communicating in Bengali. The other languages spoken out here are Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Nicobarese as indicated by 2001 Census of India. Other minor languages spoken here are Munda and Kharia. Andaman Creole Hindi is broadly used as a trade language as a part of the Andaman’s.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS:
The population density remains at 43 persons per square kilometer. According to points of interest from Census 2011, Andaman and Nicobar Islands has a population of 3.81 Lakhs, an expansion from 3.56 Lakh in the 2001 registration. The aggregate population growth in this decade was 6.86% while in the earlier decade it was 26.94%. The number of inhabitants in Andaman and Nicobar Islands frames 0.03 percent of India in 2011. In the year 2001, the figure was 0.03 percent.
FACTS ABOUT ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS:
- The Official Languages spoken here are Hindi and English, while Bengali, Telugu and Nicobarese are the other spoken languages.
- Port Blair is the Capital of Andaman Island as well as the largest City of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Car Nicobar otherwise called Malacca is the Capital of Nicobar Island.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands includes two islands, in particular, Andaman Island toward the North and Nicobar Island toward the South. It is a union territory. It is really a gathering of islands at the crossroads of Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal. These islands are isolated from Burma and Thailand by the Andaman Sea.
- In the year 1874, the British had set the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in one managerial region headed by a Chief Commissioner as its legal administrator.
- It has a tropical rain-forest canopy made of a blended greenery with components from Indian, Malaysian and Myanmar endemic botanical strains.