Allahabad is a city in Uttar Pradesh and the regulatory headquarters of Allahabad District, the most crowded area in the state. Starting 2011, the city is the seventh most crowded city in the state and 36th in the country with an expected population of 1.11 million in the city and around 1.21 million in its metropolitan area. In the year 2011 it was positioned the world’s 130th quickest developing city. The city was previously known as Prayaga, a name still usually used.
POPULATION OF ALLAHABAD IN 2017:
The 2011 statistics reported a population of 1,117,094 in Allahabad. Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Allahabad in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –1.2 Million
- 2013 – 1.4 Million
- 2014 –1.75 Million
- 2015 –1.91 Million
- 2016 – 2 Million
Taking a look at the population of Allahabad from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 0.8 Million in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 0.16 Million. Hence, the population of Allahabad in 2017 is forecasted to be 2 Million + 0.16 Million = 2.16 Million. So, the population of Allahabad in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 2.16 Million.
Allahabad Population 2017 – 2.16 Million(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF ALLAHABAD:
The city’s literacy rate of 86.50% is near the all-India average of 74 percent and the most noteworthy in the locale. Male proficiency is 90.21 percent and female education 82.17 percent. Among 35 noteworthy Indian cities, Allahabad reported the best number of infringement of exceptional and local laws to the National Crime Records Bureau.
Hindi is the official state dialect and it is the main language in Allahabad. English is additionally utilized, especially by clerical specialists. Urdu is spoken by a a certain number of minority. The type of Hindi spoken in Allahabad is Awadhi, in spite of the fact that Khariboli is likewise very usual in the city. Bengali and Punjabi are additionally spoken.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF ALLLAHABAD:
The population density of the city is 16,000 persons per square kilometer. The decadal population growth of the city has been 20% for the year 2011.The last time the city had a negative decadal growth was in 1911 and there a negative decadal growth. Currently, the city enjoys a great population growth rate and also the influx of people coming in here in large numbers has helped the cause of the city.
FACTS ABOUT ALLAHABAD:
- Allahabad is otherwise called the City of Prime Ministers in light of the fact that post autonomy seven out of 13 Prime Ministers of the country were from Allahabad.
- The 2013 Kumbh Mela in Allahabad was the biggest social event in mankind’s history. A whole city was worked for the event, yet dissimilar to the facilities for the Olympic Games or other global events this city was intended to be raised, occupied and destroyed all in the space of an insignificant five months.
- Allahabad is acclaimed for its Guava assortments like, Allahabad Safeda and Arka Mridula. For this very reason, Allahabad is frequently alluded to as the City of Green Gold.
- Allahabad turned into the capital of the North-Western Provinces in 1858 and was the capital of the country for a day. The city was the capital of the united provinces from the year 1902 to 1920.
- Civil Lines is the central business region of the city and is popular for its urban setting and tall structures. Made in 1857, it was the biggest town planning venture in India before the foundation of New Delhi.
Now find the latest population of Allahabad in 2019 here