Aizawl is the capital of Mizoram in India. With an inhabitant population of 293,416, it is the biggest city in the state. It is additionally the focal point of administration containing all the significant government workplaces. The number of inhabitants in Aizawl strongly mirrors the distinctive communities of the ethnic Mizo individuals.
The city is situated north of the Tropic of Cancer in the northern side of Mizoram. It is located on an edge 1,132 meters above sea level with the Tlawng stream valley to its west and the Tuirial waterway valley towards east.Aizawl has a gentle, sub-tropical climate because of its area and height.
POPULATION OF AIZAWL IN 2017:
As per the 2011 India enumeration, Aizawl had a population of 293,416. Females consisted of 50.61% and males made up the rest of 49.39%.
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Aizawl in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 – 297,602
- 2013 – 300,117
- 2014 – 306,506
- 2015 – 312,237
- 2016 – 321,693
Taking a look at the population of Aizawl from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 24,091 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 4818. Hence, the population of Aizawl in 2017 is forecasted to be 321,693 + 4818 = 326,511. So, the population of Aizawl in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 326,511.
Aizawl Population 2017 – 326,511(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF AIZAWL:
Presbyterians make up most of the population. In any case, there are likewise huge numbers of the Salvation Army, Baptists and Roman Catholics in the city. There are additionally some social based Christian groups. Hinduism and Islam are likewise represented in small numbers in the population of the city. Mizos from different tribes make up most of the population. Christianity is the main religion in the city. Other religions incorporate Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF AIZAWL:
The population density of Aizawl is 234 persons per square kilometer. In 2011, the city had a populace of 293,416. In the 2001 enumeration, it had a population of 125,676. There was change of 22.92% in the population contrasted with population according to 2001. In the past evaluation of India 2001, Aizawl District recorded an increase of 38.07% to its population as contrasted with 1991.
FACTS ABOUT AIZAWL:
- The city as a town doesn’t have an distinct past particularly. The entire state of Mizoram was a part of Assam until the year 1972 and then it was made a Union Territory. There were uprising issues in the region until 1987 when it was announced a State. Surprisingly enough, all issues of terrorism and requests for freedom have died down from that point onwards.
- Aizawl is located towards the focal part of the state and is flanked by streams and rapids. It is at a separation of 466 KM from Guwahati, 365 KM from Shillong and about 140 KM from Silchar.
- In spite of the fact that it might do not have a Snowy Himalayan background, it has something of the vibe of a Himalayan slope station. It is for the most part cool amid the summers with temperatures running from 20 to 30°C and substantial downpours amid the months of May to September.
- The State Museum at Babu Tlang is worth a visit and one can have a look at Mizo dresses, noteworthy relics and other customary things.
- Tamdil Lake is situated at around 85 KM from Aizawl and is a perfect excursion spot with boating facilities.
Find Latest Aizawl Population in 2018